Boxing Day Sale Haul

10:30

This year, I actually got out of bed early on Boxing Day morning, drove to town and queued at 9:30am for Lush to open at 10. Madness. It was cold, the queue was relatively big, but it was so worth it when I got into the warmth and got £140 worth of Lush products for only £70 (-£20 because of a gift voucher I got for my birthday). Despite the bargains I got for the bath / shower products, I did have to purchase a set of chest of drawers to home my collection. It’s a big collection now. I’m thinking of doing a blog post on just my bath / shower products alone, it’s excessive. 

(Christmas Bunting, Next Home, 50p - down from £6)

Firstly, I just picked up this little Christmas bunting set from Next Home, I saw this when it was full price and though it was super cute, but I didn’t really want to spend £6 on pieces of card with letters spelling out Christmas...So I was happy when I saw it for only 50p! I can’t wait to decorate with it next year. Yes I’m totally thinking of next Christmas already. 


So, as I previously mentioned, I stood outside Lush on Boxing Day morning, half an hour before it opened, queueing for the 50% off festive products, and I was certainly not disappointed. I spent a total of about £70, meaning I got £140 worth of Lush goodness. I got a few things for my friends, and the rest I wanted to try for myself and review them, because I picked up a lot of products I have never used it before. 


(Bucks Fizz Body Conditioner, £8.48 - down from £16.95)

I have never tried any of the Lush Body Conditioners, so I’m really excited to give this a try! 


(Rose Jam Shower Gel, £5.48 - each down from £10.95 each)

I have used this shower gel before, and I really love the scent of Rose Jam, and I also like how a little goes a long way with the Lush Shower Gels. So I picked up two, so essentially it was Buy One Get One Free.

(Berry Berry Christmas Shower Gel, £5.98 down from £11.95)

This is one of my absolute favourite Lush scents ever now. I couldn’t smell it properly in the Lush store during the sale because it was intense and so very busy, and I had smelt so many products that my sense of smell was ruined momentarily. I wish I had picked up more! In terms of scent, I can only describe it as “a Christmas man”. It smells quite masculine, musky and so so nice! I wish I got another one, but unfortunately they were sold out the next day! 


(Bubbly Shower Gel, £4.98 down from £9.95)

I’m not entirely 100% on this scent, it’s very orangey/limey, which isn’t my favourite type of scent, I much prefer musky, spicy, fresher scents.


(Santa’s Christmas Shower Cream, £8.98 down from £17.95)

Again, I wasn’t completely sold on this scent because of the craziness of the store and my overworked senses, but I wanted to pick up a Shower Cream because you literally only need the tiniest amount - the consistency is so thick of the creams, so I will give this a go! 


(Sugar Plum Fairy Naked Lip Scrub, £2.88 down from £5.75)

I was obsessed with this scent, but unfortunately the actual Sugar Plum Fairy Lip Scrub was sold out, so I picked up the Naked version (no packaging involved), and I actually find it easily to apply, as I find the Lip Scrubs go everywhere when applying it. 


(Luxury Lush Pud, £2.25 down from £4.50)

I picked up two of these classic Christmas bath bombs because they make your water look so beautiful and it smells incredible! Once again, because I got two, it was essentially Buy One Get One Free, which is so worth it when you spend so much before Christmas. 


(Golden Wonder Bath Bomb, £2.25 down from £4.50)

Once again, I got two of another Christmas classic ‘Golden Wonder’ bath bombs, these one of my favourite festive bath bombs. They smell so festive and the inside is ...magical. 


(Christmas Sweater Bath Bomb, £2.25 down from £4.50)

I really like the cinnamon/spicy scent of this one, it’s so traditionally festive, and makes the water a really nice deep wine-red. 


(Pumpkin Bath Bomb, £2.13 down from £4.25) 

When in the queue to pay, the Lush staff started restocking and brought out the Pumpkin bath bombs from Halloween! This was one of my favourite scents from the Halloween range, and I was so happy when they brought these out. The scent is like warm vanilla and smells slightly like baking. 


(Once Upon A Time Naked Body Lotion, £3.98 down from £7.95)

So I have never smelt this scent until I picked it up during the BD sale, and I believe the scent is based on the 'So White’ bath bomb they have previously released (a super sweet apple scent). Once again, they didn’t have the normal packaged version of ‘Once Upon A Time’, so I had to get the naked version of the apple-scented Body Lotion. 


(Candy Mountain Bubble Bar, £1.63 down from £3.25)

I got two of the Snow Fairy-scented bubble bars, ‘Candy Mountain’, which are really nice. I’m not the biggest fan of the ‘Snow Fairy’ scent, but I feel like this bubble bar is less sweetly fragranced. 


(Zoella Lifestyle 'This Is Your Year’ Desk Calendar, £5 down from £10, Boots) 

So everything in the Christmas Gifting in Boots is all HALF PRICE. It was insanely busy on Boxing Day, and it was due to the amazing deals available! Huge gift sets worth like £50 for just £10. I managed to pick up two things in the chaos of the crowds...including the Zoella Lifestyle desk calendar which I really wanted for the new year for only £5! It’s so beautiful. I also picked up a little Soap & Glory party popper which I purchased for my friend for Christmas but somehow misplaced, so I picked up another one for her for £3 rather than £6. The Soap & Glory gift sets are definitely worth it for half the price, I even bought a few before Christmas for the full price because they feature so many products worthwhile, so you’re already saving money through these sets, let alone half the price! 



(‘Actually I Can’ Jumper, New Look, £12.50 - down from £15, now £8)

I absolutely love slogan jumpers, especially ones with positive messages, so I thought this jumper was very apt for the start of 2018! It’s super soft on the outside, I wish it was as fleecy on the inside, but its nice and warm still. 


(Askvoll 5 Drawer Chest of Drawers, £31.50 - down from £55)

So I was in desperate need for more storage due to my large collection of Bath/Shower/Beauty products, and I also had received an email with a £5 voucher for my birthday from IKEA, so on Friday I went to IKEA and picked up a 5 drawer set of Chest of Drawers, these weren’t the original ones I was going to get but because I had an IKEA Family card I was given an additional 10% off the sale price, so getting a bigger one was definitely worth it. 


So that’s the last blogpost of 2017! I want to thank everyone who reads my silly little blogposts. I hope you have an amazing 2018, and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

 Thank you for reading! If you want to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe