Tanya Burr Cosmetics Collection

19:29

So, firstly I just wanted to make a little disclaimer that I did not purchase the majority of these items, as I won a Tanya Burr Cosmetics competition on Instagram, featuring the 12 Days of Tanya’s Treats Beauty Advent Calendar. Here’s my collection of Tanya Burr Cosmetics (as requested by Twitter)...



(Illuminating Powder - Champagne Sorbet, FeelUnique, £7.49)

I am absolutely obsessed with this highlighting powder, as soon as I received it, I wanted to try it out as I had seen the product being used in various makeup tutorial videos. As it was during the festive period, I was practically wearing it the entirety of December (as soon I had received it in the competition winner package). It creates the most amazing natural highlight on the cheek bones, and the perfect little pearl nose - which is my favourite look, I love using a subtle amount of highlight on the top of my cheek bones and on the tip of my nose. I will say, because I am so pale, the powder does show slightly pinkish/bronzed on my skin which I simply blend in more. 



(Lip Balm in Sweet Lime Pie and Strawberry Milkshake, Superdrug, £4.99 each)

I also received these lip balms in my winners package, I was really excited to smell these products as they have quite unique scents for a lip balm. The ‘Strawberry Milkshake’ one is a brighter pink shade, whilst the ‘Sweet Lime Pie’ is more opaque and colourless, simply with the lime scent and the moisturising/hydrating qualities. 


(Face Illuminator, Superdrug, £7.49)

I haven’t yet used this yet, but maybe it will end up in a monthly Favourites blogpost some time this year! The instructions say it can be added to a pump of foundation or simply applied to the skin for a glowy appearance, so I’m really excited to experiment with this face illuminator!



I was also sent 3 little kits - 2 eyeshadow palettes and a brow kit - all the perfect compact size for travelling (popping into your cosmetics bag). I also love that all 3 kits have a mirror on the lid for a good little space-saving feature. 


(Perfect Brows Eyebrow Kit, Superdrug, £6.99)

I have quite dark eyebrows, which I don’t tend to do much with, as I am scared of looking ridiculous, but with this little kit, I will hopefully be able to look somewhat “eye-brow presentable”.


(Enchanted Dream Eye Palette - No longer available online)

This palette is my absolute favourite of all of Tanya’s palettes as they are all so pretty, and can create the perfect smokey eye, I also love the names and the style of the palette, even the title is adorable - “Enchanted Dream”. 


(My Escape Eye Palette, Superdrug, £5.99)

I also love the shades of this palette, they look super wearable, and can create a gorgeous natural look, or be glammed up with eyeliner and maybe a bit of shimmer. I really love how each palette has its own theme and all the names fit together! 


(Season To Sparkle Day Palette, Superdrug, now £4.99 - Christmas Gifting)

This palette is the ultimate natural look, and I have been wearing the lightest shade - Vanilla Pod on a regular basis as its so subtle but looks super pretty just for a day-to-day look. I am really excited to use the illuminators in the set too, as they can illuminate my skin to give a little shimmer to the natural look. 




(Selfie Lash Mascara, Superdrug, £7.99) 
(Selfie Flick Eye Liner, Superdrug, £4.99) 
(Selfie Sculpt Eyebrow Pencil, £6.49)

I got the mascara and eyeliner for my birthday this year, and then I received 2 more mascaras, another eyeliner and the eyebrow pencil in the Tanya Burr Cosmetics “Selfie Story” Collection. When I got the mascara at the very start of December, I was wearing it everyday, and I was completely obsessed, so I was so glad to have been sent two more! I still wear it on a daily basis now, and its taken place of my Benefit ‘They’re Real’ mascara. It really separates the lashes - which is the look I love - natural and fluttery, which can build and lengthen the lashes for a really sweet look! 

The eyeliner is also super easy to use; the ease of application is important and with its thin brush, it’s easy to create a look close to the lash line, and the formula itself is super black, which is perfect for a bold but simple style. 

I haven’t yet used the eyebrow pencil, but again the applicator looks so easy to use, so I look forward to trying it out!


(Lipsticks in Birthday Cake and Big Kiss, Superdrug, £6.99 each) 

I was so excited to receive some of the lipsticks, I had seen Tanya use them in vlogs and tutorials and they looked amazing, I received a light spring-time pastel pink “Birthday Cake” and a perfect little festive/going out dark red shade “Big Kiss”. 



(Lipstick in Pink Cocoa, Superdrug, £6.99)

I had asked for the shade ‘Pink Cocoa’ lipstick from TB Cosmetics for my birthday, and have been obsessed since I opened it! It looks a lot darker in the image above, but its quite a natural shade, and I have been wearing it on days when I’m just out and about, doing errands, etc. 



(Lip Glosses - Full sizes in Just Peachy and Picnic In The Park, Superdrug, £5.99 each) 

I don’t tend to wear too many lip balms, but I will definitely give these a go in the less windy days (no one likes the whole “hair sticking to my lips in a gust of wind” moment). “Picnic In The Park” is one of the bestsellers of the range, and was never available in my local Superdrug when it first launched, so I’m excited to see how it looks on, although I don't tend to go with bright colours, it looks great for summer! 



(Tip Top Treats Nail Polish Duo Set, Superdrug, now £0.99 - Christmas Gifting)

I haven’t yet used either of these nail varnishes, but they are really nice for Autumn/Winter, and the nail file has proven to be really good, in terms of size and strength...wow reviewing a nail file, this blogpost must be riveting.


(Nail Polishes in Glitter Rain, Glitter Frosting and Festive Red - Exclusive to '12 Days of Tanya’s Treats’ Advent Calendar) 

I have been obsessed with the red nail varnish, with the silver glitter polish on top over the festive month of December, and I am still wearing the silver glitter one now (over-top a natural light neutral shade). I do love the shades (and of course the shade names), but I did have a few issues with the lids, they come off the brush quite easily, and a little part of the lid even broke off a bit. 

(Velvet Vanille Eau De Toilette, FeelUnique, now £12.80)

I asked the Tanya Burr fragrance for Christmas, and I really like the subtle and slightly musky vanilla scent. The packaging is also really pretty, I haven’t worn it much yet, as I still have a lot of others I like to use on a daily basis, but its currently on sale, down from £16 to £12.80 on feelunique.com

(Mini Lip Glosses in Cranberry Melt, Ice Queen, Sweet Sundae and Pink Fondant, Exclusive to '12 Days of Tanya’s Treats’ Advent Calendar)

Three of these four mini lip glosses were in the 12 Days Advent Calendar, and ‘Sweet Sundae’ was found in the ‘Season To Sparkle’ neutral/natural set. The other three are super festive shades, from a festive red, to a glittery “white”/ice, as well as a nice and natural nude shade - perfect for a day look. 

(Eye Glitter Pots in Let It Snow and Midnight Magic, both Exclusive to '12 Days of Tanya’s Treats’ Advent Calendar)

I have only used the “Let It Snow” eye glitter pot so far, and I really love how subtle it can make a eye look, I don’t go too overboard with my makeup looks, but its nice to experiment with new formulations as oppose to my usual powder eyeshadows. 


(Glitter Eye Liner in Silver and Gold, both Exclusive to '12 Days of Tanya’s Treats’ Advent Calendar)

Another set of exclusive products are the little Glitter Eyeliners in Silver and Gold! They were so perfect for the festive season, and I wore them for many days of December after I had opened their day in the 12 days! I really loved using the silver over normal black eyeliner as it created a little extra shimmer to the eye look. 


Thank you for reading! If you want to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe