Online Shopping vs IRL | Blogmas Day 3

19:02

So this year, I have found that I have done a considerable amount of my Christmas shopping online as oppose to actual stores. I have very almost finished purchasing everyones Christmas presents, but I do have a shopping trip planned at the start of December to finalise everything (I PRE-WROTE THIS, AND THE SHOPPING TRIP WAS TODAY)! 

I haven’t yet wrapped any, as I like to spend a whole day wrapping them up and watching Christmas movies more into December-time. In this blogpost, I just wanted to write about the pros and cons I have experienced of shopping online and in-store to (hopefully!) help you out with the complete struggles of Christmas shopping...


There are obviously some advantages and disadvantages to shopping both online, and in stores. So recently Black Friday deals have been in full-swing - no longer lasting for only the simple 24 hours of the Friday, but with the majority of deals going on throughout the entirety of the weekend, including “Cyber Monday”, and I know some deals which were still available on the Tuesday after. Consequently, this was the prime time to get some deals online, and a lot of websites have Student discounts anyway, including: 

•10% off ASOS
•10% off Urban Outfitters
•10% off Schuh 
•10% off Office
•50% off Spotify
•10% off Waterstones
•10% off Paperchase
•10% off Cath Kidston

and so many more...

Simply use UNIDAYS to get these amazing discounts - myunidays.com/r/BJEqb0SUMvU

Not only can you get super good discounts, you can also get free delivery with a lot of websites when you spend a certain amount, e.g. if you spend over £20 on ASOS, but I would definitely recommend getting the ASOS Premier Delivery for £9.95 a year for NEXT DAY DELIVERY. The sacred words. It’s so worth it if you purchase from ASOS a lot.  

And obviously one of the best things about shopping online, is being able to do it at any time of day or night in the comfort of your own home, (in bed, in your pyjamas snuggled up with a hot chocolate and maybe a Christmas film...or Miranda Christmas special)!

However, there are risks of the product not looking how it looked in online photos, as well as the risk of missing the post man and getting the dreaded “Sorry We Missed You” note, however in the delivery options on a website, I would recommend choosing a “Safe Place” (e.g. over the fence - if not fragile, or in your porch, etc.).


(I purchased a few items on the OhhDeer website during their sale)

With shopping in store you face the danger of parking struggles (or standing in the cold for a bus that shows up too late and is packed full of rude old people who don’t move their shopping bag for you to sit down...we’ve all been there), feeling claustrophobic in the big crowds, not finding the exact thing/size you want and the dreaded huge queues. And let's not even talk about the feeling of being so ridiculously cold, your fingers are numb and you can no longer feel your toes or other limbs.

However, at least in-store you can actually see what you’re purchasing - e.g. the exact look and quality of it. It also feels nice to spend a day out shopping (whether that’s with family or friends, or simply alone), seeing the Christmas lights and gorgeous shop window displays, grabbing lunch and feeling generally festive!  


(This Soap and Glory 'Hello Super Spa’ Gift Set was actually £15 down from £20, and it’s such good value with 6 full-size amazing products - I purchased this in Boots.)

Another note, I would totally recommend buying your Christmas present throughout the months before, I started in October this year, and I would highly recommend doing that next year (as its a little late now!). It made the huge expense of Christmas present shopping way more spread out and more manageable!


RANDOM PART OF THIS BLOGMAS POST...

In-store recently...

So this is my Hotel Chocolat advent calendar, it’s my new favourite advent calendar ever, and I will for sure be getting one next year - I actually prefer it to the classic Cadburys one I always get. The chocolate is delicious and they come in such cute little shapes. Opening the calendar is also super satisfying - ok I sound slightly lame, but it opens really nicely...ok I’m 68 years old apparently.

(‘Up To Snow Good’ Chocolate Advent Calendar, Hotel Chocolat, £4 now - was £8)

Online recently...

I purchased these staple little black heeled boots on ASOS (from Boohoo), and I have been obsessed with these throughout the last few weeks. They go with everything, and I love wearing them during this season because I can wear super fluffy thick socks as its so cold!

(Boohoo Zip Side Chunky Heel Ankle Boots, ASOS, £25)



This is the Star Gift “Spa of Wonder” from Boots which is available both online and in store for just £30. The box contains full-size products worth £78 in total, so you’re saving a lot here! This would make a great Christmas present for someone who loves pampering themself, or for you, or even as individual presents for others - giving out a few and saving some for you - balance! 




(The Righteous Butter, Creamy Body Wash, Boots, £7 each)

(Clean On Me Shower Gel, £6.50 each)


(Smoothie Star Body Milk, £10 each)



(Vitamin C Facial Wash, £8 each)
(Radiance Boosting Face Mask, £4 each)


(The Righteous Butter, £10 each)


(The Scrub Of Your Life, £7 each)


(Sexy Motherpucker Lipgloss in Plumsup, £9 each)




(Thick and Fast Mascara, £10.50 each)


(Supercat Liquid Black Eyeliner Pen, £7 each)




ALSO ....let me know what you prefer in the comments below - SHOPPING/BROWSING ONLINE OR IN-STORE??


Thank you for reading! If you want to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! 

So this is the third Blogmas post! They will be going up EVERY WEDNESDAY AND SATURDAY (between 6pm-9pm)!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe