Christmas Room Decor | Blogmas Day 6

12:34

When decorating for the festive season (and in general to be honest), I like to keep things relatively minimal and keep to a basic colour scheme. I have a little obsession with deer this year (my favourite animal is a Dik Dik - google it...) so I have quite a few little deer ornaments and pieces of decor around my room.

Also, apologies for the late blogpost, it is in fact Thursday today, and my Blogmas schedule is Wednesdays & Saturdays - yesterday was packed with an early morning dog walk, a lengthy(ish) car journey to Norwich, a shopping/browsing trip, then the journey home followed instantly by an evening with my mum having dinner and going to the cinema to watch Pitch Perfect 3. A packed day.


(Light up House Dome, Sainsbury's, £4) (Everything else was gifted)

I really love having a few little decorations together and then keeping other spaces empty for a more minimal appearance. I’ve had the little deer with the twig antlers for a few years, and the little present  was actually a little tree decoration but I took the string off and use it as a little decoration in general. With the little light up dome with the wooden house in, I have seen these type of decorations everywhere - I got mine from Sainsbury's for £4, but I have seen them in Next Home for £5, and I also saw them in various Christmas decor shops! I think they’re so cute, and really minimal. 


(1ft Tree, Paperchase, £5) (All Decorations - Gifted/Random) 

So, I ordered this little Christmas tree from Paperchase on ASOS, and I must admit, I didn’t read the “1 foot” description, and I did think that the tree was a little taller, but its cute. The decorations do look slightly silly in the ratio of the size of the decorations and the actual tree. I had the little glittery house - (which I believe should be used as a tea light holder) for years, and I love placing it similarly as I mentioned previously, alongside other decorations. 


(Chrome Alarm Clock, Next, £10) (Fujifilm Instax Mini Camera, gifted by £65 on Amazon currently) 
(USB Lights, Tiger, £2.50) (Pinecone Garland, Christmas Magic Store, £2.99) (DW Home Holly Berry Candle - Box, Homesense, £2.99) (Festive Notebooks, Gifted) (Glitter Reindeer, Gifted)

I have a 3 shelf-unit on my desk (add-on piece of furniture) from IKEA for like £15, and I am obsessed with it. It was super easy to build (obviously, its flat-pack furniture from IKEA - the home of easy furniture-making). So, with the shelves I wanted to make it super festive with garlands, and tinsel and little nods to Christmas, as well as a display for some Christmas cards - it now has the full bottom shelf of some of the cards I’ve received so far (the cutest looking ones...). 


(Santa Washing Line Garland, £9 on sale from £15, Debenhams) 

I didn’t know where to hang this, but I placed it either side of my window, but it looks kind of cute here...I’ll find a better place next year. 



Every year, I put little decorations on the window, last year was only snowflakes because that looks adorable and totally realistic of course...but this year I added the little deer wooden decorations that I purchased from a local garden centre.



(Zoella Beauty Winter Wonderland Hand Cream, currently £3 in Superdrug) (Tanya’s Christmas by Tanya Burr, £8, Amazon) 

I like to add a little festive-ness on my bedside table, but I don’t like it to be too crowded, so I simply put a Christmasy hand cream on a spare snowflake decoration that I have had for years. They hold no purpose but to randomly add a little bit of sparkle and serious desire for a 'White Christmas', like PLEASE weather, PLEASE. I like to have the Tanya Burr Christmas book on my bedside table too for a little festive reading before the big day! 


Thank you for reading! If you want to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! 

So this is the sixth Blogmas post! They will be going up EVERY WEDNESDAY AND SATURDAY (between 6pm-9pm) until New Years!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe