Christmas Eve Routine | Blogmas Day 7

19:30

Happy Christmas Eve Eve! *Insert relevant Friends Gif Here* Can you believe it’s Christmas Eve TOMORROW? And then Christmas is the day after...that's crazy. December has gone so ridiculously fast! Too fast! I put a little poll on Twitter, and the results were unanimously for a Christmas Eve Routine blogpost! So here is my routine for my Christmas Eve 2017...


OPENING THE ADVENT CALENDAR

(Hotel Chocolat ‘Up To Snow Good’ Advent Calendar) 

Every morning of December, I open my chocolate advent calendar, I know some people open it at night, but I am definitely a morning advent-opener. COMMENT BELOW WHEN YOU OPEN YOUR ADVENT CALENDAR. And Christmas Eve holds the best chocolate (the biggest one)!

CHECKING THE PRESENT LIST, CHECKING IT TWICE.

(Christmas Gift Bags: Wilko and Asda)

Throughout the day, I ensure I have all the presents I purchased wrapped and ready for the following day! This includes checking off my list and ensuring everything is in the correct gift bag for individual people. I also like to add small finishing touches to the gift wrapping, e.g. special ribbon and pretty little decorations. I love wrapping presents so much. 

(Once Upon A Time Notebook, was £15, currently £4.50 in Debenhams, Zoella Lifestyle)
(Dream Believe Achieve Notebook, £6, Emilie Rose Stationery)
(Rose Gold/Pink Swarovski Pen, £25 online - Gifted)

CHRISTMAS EVE OOTD

(Penguin Christmas Jumper, £12, Primark)

Throughout the day, I like to be as comfortable as possible, but obviously festive, so I tend to wear a cute Christmas jumper with leggings or jogging bottoms. This is my favourite Christmas jumper because its quite understated (subtly festive) with the patterns and little penguins, it is also soft and comfortable, and so inexpensive. 

HOT CHOCOLATE

(Whittards Hot Chocolate Spoon, £2.50)

At some point through the day, whether thats when watching a festive film or snuggled up in bed before I sleep, I like to have a Hot Chocolate. I cannot wait to use this Whittards Hot Chocolate spoon my friend kindly gave me for Christmas, its going to be a very indulgent one, plus swirling the spoon in a pan of hot milk is going to be satisfyingly fun! - Is that sad? Maybe a little. 

PAMPERING

('Festive Red’ and ‘Glitter Rain’ Nail Polishes, Tanya Burr Cosmetics 12 Days Beauty Advent Calendar)

I think it’s vital to relax before the big day of craziness. Therefore I like to prepare myself by relaxing in a bubble bath, using a face mask, and painting my nails in Christmas colours - this year I’m using ‘Festive Red’ with ‘Glitter Rain’ on top. Both shades are from the Tanya Burr Cosmetics '12 Days of Tanya’s Treats’ Beauty Advent Calendar!

CHRISTMAS CANDLES 

(Zoella Lifestyle ‘Cosy Christmas’ Candle, £12.50, Boots)

I love lighting a candle during the cosy, cold nights, and especially on Christmas Eve, after having a long hot bath, I love just getting into bed and lighting a candle to make my room feel warm, cosy and smell festive too! Candles create a certain ambience which I love throughout the month of December. 


COSY PYJAMAS 

(Left: Woodland Animal Pyjama Bottoms, £15, Next) (Right: Festive Pyjama Set, Topshop from 2016 Sale)

I get into my pyjamas as soon as I have had my bath and been through the pampering routine. This year for my birthday I received a pair of Next soft pyjama bottoms with adorable little woodland animals (and a random panda...). But I have worn my Topshop Christmas pyjamas for the last two Christmases, so this year I might wear the top half of the Topshop pyjamas and the Next woodland pyjama bottoms. Yes, it's slightly mix-matched, but it's festive! 


FESTIVE BATH TIME 

(‘The Night Before Christmas’ Gift Set, Lush, Under £15 Gift Set)

My friend kindly gifted me ‘The Night Before Christmas’ Lush Gift-Set for Christmas, which means I will definitely be using the ‘Christmas Eve’ Bubble Bar on the night before Christmas! It also comes with the ‘Shoot For The Stars’ bath bomb. I love the theme of this gift-set, and the wrapping paper is gorgeous - I love space and the moon so this is my favourite set aesthetically. I can’t wait to use the bubble bar, and yes I am that sad that I have to use it on Christmas Eve, because its called ‘Christmas Eve’. Lame but logical...





I also love watching Christmas films as I don’t tend to get much of a chance to through any other day. My favourites are Elf, Arthur Christmas and I also plan on watching The Snowman and The Snowdog, which is just an absolute classic. I watched Arthur Christmas the other day, so thats one film checked out. I’ve also seen the Gavin and Stacey Christmas Special, as well as the Miranda Christmas special, even though they aren’t new, I love both programmes and any excuse to re-watch shows!


We also usually have a 'Christmas Eve Box’, I made one for my mum this year which includes...
  •  A Gingerbread House Decorating Kit 
  • A Mug
  • Some Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate
  • A Lush Christmas Bubble Bar (Candy Mountain) 
  • A Scratch Card 
Some people include pyjama sets, slippers, other cosy items that can be worn/used on the night of Christmas Eve! It's only been introduced to our family traditions in the last couple of years, and I don’t even know if my mum will remember but I’m looking forward to surprising her with her box because I don't think she’ll expect it!

Lastly I just wanted to say MERRY CHRISTMAS! I hope you have an amazing day with your family, and appreciate every moment because I feel very privileged and grateful to be spending time with people closest to me, enjoying food and drink, exchanging presents. So have a very merry Christmas, and I will be back with a “What I Got For Christmas” blogpost on Wednesday!

And of course, thank you for reading! If you want to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe