What I Got For Christmas 2016

19:30

 Firstly I hope you had an absolutely amazing Christmas, filled with love, family, too much food and wrapping paper mayhem. Secondly, I want to put a little disclaimer out there before I write this post - I am in no way bragging, I simply love reading these kind of posts, and watching videos - seeing what people got for Christmas. I'm nosy. I am extremely grateful for everything I got, down to the wrapping paper. I love a good gift wrap. Paperchase is a dream during this time of year. So here's what I got for Christmas this year...


Stocking Fillers


What are stockings without some kind of sweets? What is Christmas without too much sugar? I absolutely love these really cute heart raspberry sweets, I popped them in a little glass jar on my desk for a little sugar dose during my productivity. My mum told me she got these from the danish store, Tiger.

 
Along with sweets, bubble bath is another present I get every year due to my obsession with baths. These Imperial Leather bath creams smell incredible, and I can't wait to have a super relaxing bath using both of these. Not together though. 


Aussie are a well known brand for their hair care products, I've never used their shampoo or conditioners before but I'm really excited to try this hair treatment. My mum knows my hair isn't the healthiest due to my desire for curly hair, (unfortunately I was born with completely straight hair); therefore my hair is curled regularly, which isn't the best thing for it obviously.

Penguins are my favourite animals, so when I opened the set of 2 mini notebooks with just about the dorkiest penguin sketches on, I was delighted. I don't even want to write in them, I want to frame the front covers. Too cute. 

 
As a vegetarian, and a generally fussy eater, I tend to stick to what I know when it comes to dinner. Knowing this, my mum bought me a little recipe book for my fussy vegetarian diet! I think this is for her too, so she isn't constantly buying salad and halloumi. 

Again, sweets are a common gift for Christmas, however it might take me all of next year to finish the 850g bar of Dairy Milk. Jelly Tots have always been one of my favourite sweets, but I hadn't had them for ages as I wasn't sure if they were vegetarian-friendly, however since googling it, I've been obsessed with them again. The purple and red ones are the best, just for the record. 

I am a very anxious person. Always have been. The last four/five years have been the hardest in terms of mental health, so I was given "The Little Pocket Book of Happiness". I love little meaningful books that the person has really thought about when giving it to you. I hope it helps to swap a little bit of worry and anxiety for a little bit more calm. 



As I mentioned previously, I curl my hair regularly, and I really love the brand Babyliss. This present was a total surprise as I mentioned it on Christmas Eve, thinking it was too late; however my mum had already purchased it! I love that this curling wand is a simple wrap one, as it will be reduce the time the process of curling my hair takes. 




Readers of my blog, followers on Instagram and Twitter, and everyone that knows me, will be well-aware of my love for Ariana Grande. Knowing this, I always get an Ariana calendar for the new year.  (Unfortunately Ariana doesn't have an official calendar. Therefore the photos are a little random.)




Sticking to the Ariana adoration, I received the Sweet Like Candy by Ariana Grande perfume gift set, featuring a 50ml bottle of the perfume, a body souffle and the most adorable pink cosmetic bag, (is that a sleeping cat, or a rabbit?) 


One of my favourite comedians is Miranda Hart. I was completely obsessed with her BBC sitcom, 'Miranda', and I was so upset when the finale didn't announce it coming back. Despite this, I have read her previous book, "Is it just me?" and I love her writing style and humour, so I asked my auntie for her new book, 'Peggy & Me'. Since receiving it a couple of days ago, I have only read a couple of chapters, and I love it. It's made me laugh at least 9 times so far. 


A couple of years ago I bought a Benefit set for my prom, featuring a mini They're Real mascara, which I have been obsessed with. When it ran out, I decided I would love the full size, so I asked my grandma for it this Christmas. The 'They're Real' mascara makes your lashes look super natural, yet adds length and volume subtly. I would totally recommend. 

I also asked my grandma for one of my favourite scents ever, the Soap & Glory "Mist You Madly", which is literally so amazing. I've gone through at least 5 bottles since discovering it. 
(It's available in a 100ml bottle for £4 or a 250ml bottle for £6.50.)


I have been looking for these chocolate bars for a good couple of years, as I thought the Charbonnel et Walker Pink Marc de Champagne bars had been discontinued. I only ever saw truffles or different flavours but when my grandma and I were in Debenhams I spotted them for the first time in 3 years, (including online research), so my grandma stocked me up! These chocolate bars are absolutely insane, very luxurious, and therefore you only need one bite to be completely done. These will last a very long time. 



I have always wanted to go to a spa, or simply have a professional massage as being so tall comes with its problems. My mum got a day at the spa with 3 treatments, a massage, either a facial or a manicure, and a 2-course lunch, which I am ridiculously excited for. Buy-A-Gift do some really great value experiences! 

 
My boyfriend totally surprised me with one of my favourite gifts I've ever received in my entire life. A Fujifilm Instax Mini 8. Not only did he super kindly get me the camera I've wanted for ages, in the best colour - white, but he also got some film and photo album to go with it! It's really sentimental to me, and I completely adore it. He also gave me a cosy grey jumper, a little teddy and a wooden penguin - he knows I love penguins. It was all so generous so thank you so much George, (I know he reads my blog posts). 



Ever since Tanya released these adorable posters with quotes in pretty gold typography, I instantly loved the idea of having one placed on my wall. Not only does it look so aesthetically pleasing, I absolutely love the quote, "Life is better when you're laughing". It's true.  

Sticking to the theme of YouTubers, my mum made me a hamper of some of the Zoella Beauty collection (featuring one item from Zoella Lifestyle), which is one of the best gifts ever. Additionally I really needed storage for all my bath and body products. I'm organised and now have enough products for a thousand+ baths. 

 
The Zoella Beauty crackers are one of my favourite things Zoe has ever released. I tried them firstly in the Zoella Apartment, and couldn't wait to get my own! The crackers come with a mini body wash, hand cream, shower glaze and great size lip balm in her Christmas scent of warm vanilla and gingerbread. Currently, at £3.99, this makes the products about £1 each which is a really good deal, and they're so fun and look so cute!

(Zoella Beauty "Just Crackers", currently £3.99, Superdrug)


I used one of these bath fizzers on Christmas morning, and the gorgeous warm vanilla and gingerbread scent made the nicest bath. This scent is so festive and comforting, and at £2.99, coming with 3 separate bath fizzers (which can be used in halves, makes each fizzing gingerbread man £1 each), it's great value. 

(Zoella Beauty Gingerbread Bath Fizz Gift Set, currently £2.99, Superdrug)


(Zoella Beauty Scooper Dooper Foaming Bath Soak, £7, Superdrug)
(Zoella Beauty Pretty Polished Sugar Scrub, £7, Superdrug)

Along with one of the gingerbread bath fizzers, I also added some of the Deck The Baubles bath bomb for some bubbles in my Christmas morning bath. It created a huge amount of bubbles with just a tiny amount used, so a little definitely goes a long way. This is currently in the Christmas sale in Superdrug so grab it fast.

(Zoella Beauty Deck The Baubles, currently £1.49, Superdrug)


When Zoe announced her Lifestyle range, I was so excited because I love Zoe's style, but when I saw this beautiful notebook with embossed gold writing and quote pages, I was in love. I didn't manage to ever pick one up myself, but I asked for it at Christmas. I am a stationery fanatic and Zoe's style is perfect, so I cannot wait to write my 2017 plans in this! 

Unfortunately the Sugg Life grey zip up hoodie I asked for was out of stock when my mum tried, so I will hopefully purchase that when it's available!

I also got a new camera which could potentially be used to start a possible YouTube channel...

So that's what I got for Christmas, (minus a Lush gift set, a penguin box full of biscuits and something coming in the mail from my auntie). I just want to thank everyone who got me a present, and I appreciate everything I received. I know Christmas isn't about the gifts, as you get older you understand that more, but I do miss past Christmas' where I believed in Santa, and magic. Anyway, thank you for reading, comment below or tweet me your favourite gift you got this year...

Love Alesha xo


Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/missleshajade
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/missaleshajade
& Follow Me On Bloglovin'  (Click the button in the top left corner!) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe