What I Got For My Birthday | Blogmas Day 1

22:02

So yesterday (Friday 1st December), was my 19th birthday, and with a Poll on Twitter, it was the most requested that I write a blogpost on what presents I kindly received!




Twilight is my favourite bath bomb and ultimate favourite scent from Lush! When I ran out of my  ‘Sleepy’ body lotion (featuring the same Twilight scent), I immediately put it on my birthday wish list; as well as the rest of the range which feature the equally gorgeous lavender/tonka scent. This is my absolute favourite scent, it’s so calming - the perfect bath / shower and pamper before bed. My mum kindly purchased me the larger sizes of each product as I love the scent so much - I have never tried the Shower Gel or the Body Spray but I’m reallt excited to! Let me know if you want a review of these products in a blog post at any point... 



My mum also got me three Tanya Burr Cosmetics products, including two of the new products from the Selfie Story Collection - the Selfie Lash (Black) Mascara and the Selfie Flick (Black) Eye Liner. I’ve heard (and seen) amazing things about these products, the mascara apparently gives really nice natural looking lashes, and the eyeliner has a super pointed and thin applicator brush for winged liner ease! I also asked for the very popular lipstick in ‘Pink Cocoa’ - it looked so nice in Tanya’s vlogs when she did her makeup and it was constantly sold out online! I cannot wait to give this a go, as I stick to the same colour most days with my lips - the Nyx Abu Dhabi lip cream, so something new is exciting. 





After trying all three products last night, I can confirm they are all amazing and I am actually in love with them! Who knew winged liner was that easy? The tip is so pointed that it makes creating a flick and applying so much easier, it’s also such a deep black formula which lasted really well! The “Selfie Lash” mascara is just as amazing as it looked on Tanya, and I was definitely not disappointed.





The ‘Bake My Day’ gingerbread fragrance was out last year for Christmas and I was absolutely in love with it; although as it was last years scent it is no longer available. However my mum found a brand new set on eBay which was simply unwanted from last year. This is one of my favourite scents by Zoe ever, and I love the gingerbread-scented Ginger Cream (body cream) too! I am so glad to have another bottle and a large Body Cream too. 



Another thing I asked for were some super cosy pyjamas - I specifically chose out both the soft grey dressing down from Tu (Sainsburys) and the Moon print playsuit/romper from ASOS. 





My grandma also got me some pyjama bottoms which I saw in Next and fell in love with. Who doesn’t want super soft pyjama bottoms with little penguins, deer, rabbits and slightly randomly...pandas on? I’m wearing them currently (as I type this up) and they are so cosy, I am obsessed already. 





One of my bosses (and now family friend as Maddie - my cockapoo puppy and her dog are best friends) very kindly got me some of the most adorable fluffy bear socks from Next (which I am also wearing currently) and a keyring! 




I knew that the Zoella Beauty original collection was on sale in Superdrug so I asked my grandma for the ‘Soak Opera’ Bath and Shower Cream. It’s my favourite scent and I love the formula and how it’s for both bath and shower. It was also only £2.33! 



My favourite scent ever (perfume) is Ari by Ariana Grande - I have 5 of the perfumes, a Hair Mist and now I have the Body Mist version thanks to my grandma! I always carry a body Mist in my bag with me to spray throughout the day, and this is the perfect shape to fit in my bag. 



I have purchased so many of these concealers, so when my grandma asked what else she could get me, I asked her to get me another Lasting Perfection concealer, they’re super inexpensive and it’s the only makeup face item I wear most days. 



I also received the Zoella “We’re On A Roll” rollerball set with the new Christmas scent ‘Snowella’, the original (and my favourite of her scents) ‘Blissful Mistful’ and the Summer scent ‘Gelat’eau’. I don’t tend to use rollerballs but I love these scents and popping it in my bag is ideal to save space when packing lightly! 



This may seem a little boring but it’s actually so useful, my mum got me this plastic makeup/toiletry storage container. It’s so handy as it has individual and differing sizes of each area for different items which you can easily separate. I have one currently, it’s getting a little old but I love it so much, so I’m really happy I have another one now! 


My grandma doesn’t really understand the concept of anxiety and “why” and “how”, but she is super cute and got me a De-Stress Aroma Ball. She is so sweet. 

My main present was a camera. The Canon Powershot with 45x zoom. I am so excited to use this and get some blog photos! 

I also received some other lovely presents after I had finished blog post - including some gorgeous moon and star earrings from my boyfriend, some more Zoella products, and I cannot believe I’m saying this - but I won the Tanya Burr Cosmetics competition on my actual birthday (Day One) and I’ve won a years worth of Tanya Burr products! I am so grateful for all the presents I received and I want to thank everyone for all the birthday wishes, cards and presents!

Thank you for reading! If you want to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! (Every Saturday Evening - between 6pm-9pm UK Time) 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe