Photo Diary | June 2018

10:49

TUESDAY 12TH JUNE

My Tuesday began with a 1 hour 45 minute drive to my friends university, where I was be staying that night. We then took a train and a couple of tubes to Peggy Porschen Cakes, Ebury Street. 



So I follow a lot of other bloggers and social media “influencers”, (whatever the most relevant title is) and I had seen so many beautiful photos at Peggy Porschen Cakes. It’s such a well known aesthetically pleasing location, and their drinks and cakes are also amazing! As my friend and I were going to be spending our Tuesday in London, we planned to make a trip to Peggy Porschen before we sat in a concert queue for hours. 





It was quite a chilly day in London, (especially wearing an off the shoulder dress), so we chose hot drinks. I wasn’t too thirsty and opted for a babycino which was an adorable mini hot chocolate; I absolutely love how they dust cocoa on top in pretty patterns. There were so many options for cakes, and    it was very tricky decision, but eventually I went for a lemon and raspberry cake, and tried some of my friends strawberry and champagne cake too, both were delicious (and obviously very pretty). 







After various tube rides we made it to the O2 Academy, Brixton, where we had Standing Tickets to see Camila Cabello that night. We were a solid 5 hours early before the doors open, but the queue was already quite long. So we sat, had our cheeky little Sainsburys meal deal lunch, made some friends, met quite an odd girl who started queueing when we did but didn’t even have a ticket. 
 





The concert itself was amazing, we were quite close, Anne Marie made a little appearance which was incredible, and I had a little cry at Somethings Gotta Give, I won’t lie. Overall we had an amazing evening, and I was absolutely knackered when we got to my friends uni accommodation at like midnight. 




WEDNESDAY 13TH JUNE 

The next morning I had to get up at 7am (yes I was so tired, after having like 6 hours sleep and a busy day previously), to drive back home as I was going to Brighton for a few days with my friend. So I left at 7:45am, got home at 9:30am, finished packing for my next adventure, getting my friend (Leyla’s) birthday presents ready, and picked up Leyla from the train station at 10:45. We then had a 2 hour drive to Brighton. We got to our Air BnB at around 1pm, where we put our bags in our room, had a change of outfit as it was nice and sunny. (Don’t be fooled by the sun in Brighton, there’s definitely a sea breeze.) 



We were staying in a loft room and it was so nice to see the view from the window, our bathroom was absolutely stunning and made for some gorgeous bath/beauty product photo shoots (tbc). We were staying in an Air BnB which was a 15 minute walk from the town, which was so convenient, but I can’t even describe how high the hills were so it was an intense work out every time we walked up. 



So we left our Air BnB and decided to grab some lunch as it was now the afternoon. We chose to get some YoSushi, as we’re both vegetarians and they do some amazing veggie dishes. I would highly recommend the Pumpkin Katsu Curry, the photo above is Cucumber Maki, which is also so good. 



After lunch we walked around for a bit and decided to head to Boho Gelato (we went to the bigger one on Pool Valley, as they do more flavours than the Ship Street store). If you don’t know what Boho Gelato is, it’s essentially the most insane Gelato place which do vegan and unique flavours, like Lucky Charms, Carrot Cake, Toffee Popcorn, Jam Doughnut, etc. I went for 2 scoops; Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Honeycomb and Toffee Popcorn. 



As it was Leyla’s birthday we decided to spend the rest of the day at Globalls, a glow-in-the-dark crazy golf place. We decided to do both courses; Tropicana and Dinosaur. We both did better than average apparently so that’s something; other than that, I was crap. It was so much fun though. 



When we finished both courses, we bought a tropical, raspberry and pineapple slushie and sat on the beach by the marina. It was so nice and sunny, and we just chilled there for a while. Honestly the sound of the sea is just so relaxing. So at this time, it was 5pm, and Troye Sivan’s song featuring my favourite - Ariana Grande, ‘Dance To This’ had just came out, so we sat on the beach and listened to it as soon as it was released. I am completely obsessed. They are two of my favourite artists ever, so I knew a collab would be amazing. 





So after chilling for a while, we got a bus back to the town from the Marina, walked back to our Air BnB, and chilled for a little bit before getting ready to go out to dinner. For dinner we went to Gourmet Burger Kitchen, we both had Strawberry & Elderflower drinks and veggie burgers, which were amazing. Although I’ve come to realise, I like to eat everything with a knife and fork...including burgers. 

THURSDAY 14TH JUNE 



Another place on our list of “Places we want to visit” was The Breakfast Club, which I had walked past before and they’d had a huge queue waiting for a table. However, as we went at a ‘Brunch time’ (like 11am), and it was very rainy, it wasn’t too busy. We both ordered lemonades, and I had the most amazing vegetarian breakfast. It was honestly the best breakfast I’ve ever had, and it wasn’t too bad for you, with granary bread, BBQ beans, mushrooms, a veggie sausage and some cubed potatoes. The best breakfast ever. They also do incredible pancakes apparently. I would definitely recommend going to The Breakfast Club if you get a chance. 



As it was quite rainy and gloomy, we decided to head into the indoor shopping centre - Churchill Square. When in the Brighton Superdrug, we went to see the Zoella Beauty section and actually came across the new summer range ‘Splash Botanics’ which shouldn’t even be out in stores yet! No ones actually seen the products yet, so this is an exclusive! So I picked up everything (excluding the toiletry bag), with 10% off. 



I will be doing a full review of the new range, coming next week. But I have already used the So Soft Lip Oil, and it feels incredible, and smells amazing. The ‘Splash Botanics’ range has a scent with notes of Coconut and Lychee, which is quite unique and very botanical! I will go into detail in my blogpost but I’ll say that the collection ranges from £3-£10. 



When the weather cleared up a bit, we went to Dum Dum Donuts, where we got a few to try. I got my favourite - Creme Brûlée, Leyla got the Galaxy Cronut, and we got the Strawberry Shortcake to share (I think that’s its name, I can’t remember). 



In the afternoon we headed to the Brighton Palace Pier as it was sunny now, where we had a walk down the pier, got a drink, then went into the arcade and played some games. Air Hockey is too addictive! We then sat down by the beach again, and just chilled in the sunshine. 



For dinner we went to an Italian restaurant called Donatello’s, where we had the most insane vegetarian lasagne and amazing desserts. It was so good, and I will definitely be going back there on any future Brighton trips. 

FRIDAY 15TH JUNE 

Friday was our last day, so we decided to go for a fancy little breakfast at Patiserrie Valerie, where we shared a Cheesecake and a Lemon & Raspberry slice. The aftermath was definitely not picturesque, as we halved both cakes and made such a mess on our plates. 



Somewhere else we had on our list of places we wanted to go, was Photomatic - the iconic photo booths. To get there, we walked through the pretty lanes, walking past unique, individual shops and gorgeous homeware shops including Oliver Bonas and Sass & Belle.





Photomatic was so much fun, we took 3 sets in the black and white booth, and then 1 in the colour booth - which was a total disaster. It featured a wind machine and us forgetting the poses we had planned. I would highly recommend going to Photomatic if you want some cute photos, the shop has funny props, costumes and some very aesthetically pleasing additions like a giant customisable letter peg board. 



After lunch (another trip to Yo Sushi - inexpensive, delicious & not too unhealthy), we walked along the beach and headed to the British Airways i360. 



Something else we wanted to do on our trip, was go up the i360, essentially a big donut which goes up super high. It went really high, but we got some great views. I was slightly concerned as it was quite windy by the beach, but once up there, you couldn’t feel it at all. 











I uploaded this a little earlier than usual because I’m just so excited about it! If you want to see all my photos, and Insta-Stories which show all the food and ootds, then follow my instagram : @missleshajade (linked at the bottom)! 

Thank you for reading! If you want to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! 





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe