The Winter Tag 2016

10:25

Now that it's officially Winter, (as of yesterday), and it's exactly 3 days until Christmas, I thought I would do the Winter Tag, as I love answering questions, especially Christmas related ones!

 

  • Top 2 Winter Beauty Essentials?
Due to the cold weather, I ensure I moisturise my lips (and my skin in general) regularly, for my lips I use the Burts Bees Ginger Spice Moisturising Lip Balm; the ginger spice scent/flavour is particularly festive, and I find it lasts for a while. My second beauty essential during the cold season would be glitter, which I apply to my eyelids using the Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette, using the glittery shades YDK and Suspect mainly for a super festive yet simple look.

 

  • Top 2 Winter Fashion Essentials? 
Black tights are a staple piece in my outfits during Winter. I get ridiculously cold a lot, so I tend to wear at least one pair in my outfit, whether that's under my jeans, or a skirt or dress, (I have been known to wear 3 pairs of tights before). Another fashion essential is my knitted snood, which is essentially a looped scarf, it's super snuggly and keeps me really warm so I love it, I've had it for years and it's kind of a comfort for me, I used it to hold onto when I had my first tattoo a couple of weeks ago. 

  • What shoes do you tend to wear the most in Winter?
I stick to my black boots which I absolutely love, last year I was obsessed with my knee high black boots, however I've been wearing my heeled ankle boots which I bought from Pull & Bear, from ASOS. 

  • Favourite Winter Accessory?
My snood or my white fingerless gloves, because despite the fact they're fingerless, they're actually super cosy. 

  • Favourite Winter Nail Polish?
I really like keeping it simple with white, or if I'm feeling a bit more festive, I like to go for a glittery silver. 

 

  • Hot Chocolate or Apple Cider?
Hot Chocolate of course! I absolutely love to have a hot chocolate with whipped cream during this season. 

  • Favourite Winter Candle?
Yankee Candle Candy Cane Lane or Bath and Body Works Sweater Weather. 

 
  • Snowboarding or Skiiing?
Never tried either, so I can't judge! I don't think I would be any good at either to be honest!

  • Have you ever gone Ice Skating? Are you any good or do you FAIL miserably?
I think I've been ice skating once in my life. Years ago. I have to admit, I am slightly terrified of the idea of it. I am not a fan of being cold and having the dangerous prospect of falling off...and the ice skates...no thank you. I don't even like roller skating. 

  • Does it snow where you live?
It hasn't snowed in the part of England I live for about 4 years, which I'm genuinely really sad about. Every single year I want to have a white Christmas, with thick snow falling on Christmas Eve, settling for Christmas Day. I feel like the day itself doesn't feel like the official day, but I feel like snow would make it feel more festive. 

  • Have you ever made a snowman?
Yes! I also made a snow penguin the last time it snowed.

  • What holiday do you celebrate?
Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve, New Years Day! 

  • Favourite Christmas/Holiday Song?
In terms of classics, I really like Merry Christmas Everyone or Last Christmas. This year, I've also been loving the X-Factor winner Matt Terry's single When Christmas Comes Around, as well as Ariana Grande's Christmas EP's Christmas Kisses and Christmas & Chill. 

 

  • Favourite Christmas/Holiday Movie?
Elf. 100%. I love it. 

  • Favourite Winter Treat?
I cannot choose one but I love a bit of Shortbread, Hot Chocolates, and the Costa Hot Spiced Apple. I also have Shloer (a fizzy fruity drink) every year, only at Christmas time, as it's a family tradition over dinner. 

 
So that was my Winter Tag! I hope you learnt a little bit more about me, or related to some of my answers yourself. Expect another blog post tomorrow evening too, as I am posting every night until Christmas Day! Answer some of these questions yourself in the comments below...

Love Alesha xo 



& Follow Me On Bloglovin'  (Click the button in the top left corner!) 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe