Autumn Essentials

18:04







It's officially Autumn! (Or Fall to some of you!) It's been getting colder and colder here in England, (I'm someone who feels the cold very easily so I've definitely felt chilly recently!). As it's been transitioning into the season of Autumn, I have come up with some of the essentials that I love to use now and over the upcoming months. So here are my Autumn Essentials...

•Peppermint Hot Chocolate

 

Hot chocolates are an absolute essential to my autumn mornings and evenings. Or afternoons. Just when I feel cold, hot chocolates are perfect for those cold days, I love just sitting in coffee shops, doing work or simply sitting with someone chatting. Last year I used peppermint syrup/oil to make DIY candle cane treats (I featured them in a super old blogpost), and I had tried the Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Starbucks; so I was super inspired one day to just add some of the peppermint I had left over from the treats to my hot chocolate! I'm a fan of the classic Cadburys hot chocolate, and I got the peppermint essence from my local supermarket - Sainsbury's. 


•Fairy lights 
 

Fairy lights are essentially the perfect aesthetic for a cosy autumn evening. I love being in my room and snuggling up in bed in the cold evenings. It's been getting both colder and darker so I like to close my curtains, get my pyjamas on after a bath and getting into bed. (Can we talk about that fresh bed sheet feeling? Because yes please.) These fairy lights are just from Ikea, and they have a wide and super affordable range!

•Fluffy/Knee High Socks 
 
Fluffy socks and knee high socks are super cosy and ideal for when you're too hot for wearing full on pyjama bottoms or sweatpants or even onesies. They're perfect for lounging around at home and they keep me warm and still look kind of cute! I might even wear them with some boots and a skirt or dress if I'm brace enough! You can get these type of socks from most clothing stores, I really like just cheap comfy socks from Primark because they're so soft! 


•Black Boots
 

 
As well as knee high socks, last year I was a fan of black knee high boots! I love wearing knee high boots because I can wear dorky fluffy socks or even my knee high socks for warmth and no one will see them! I got these ones from Missguided for my birthday, they were £50 but there was a discount at the time and they were £35. 
•Baths 

I'm sure it's not a secret from my blog posts and Instagram feed (links below - getting that cheeky self promo) that I'm a Lush fanatic! And it's absolutely vital for me to use Lush products with the majority of my baths. This month, during half term, I'm planning on purchasing 5 different Halloween themed products and testing them all out in that week. On Saturday 29th, I'll upload a blog post on my thoughts on the products! So I've had to hold off from buying and using any of the Halloween Lush products which have been launched in stores recently (as well as the Christmas products - much excitement!). Instead, I've been sticking to my absolute favourite bath bombs/bubble bars... the Twilight Bath Bomb - which is a super nice smelling pink bath bomb which creates the prettiest blue, pink, and purple water - £3.75, the Cherry Blossom Bubble Bar - an Oxford Street London Exclusive - a deliciously musky and sweet smelling reusable bubble bar - £5.95 and the Intergalactic Bath Bomb - full of insane colours which leaves a beautiful glittery water, £4.25. 

 



•Candles 
 

Recently I've been lighting a candle whenever I'm in room for both the Yankee Candle - Candy Cane Lane scent and the light it creates. I absolutely love candles and I feel like they help create the autumnal cosy atmosphere I love in the evenings or on a chilly morning. 

(The photo just shows my floral Glade candle for example as my Yankee Candle is a candle melt for my candle holder - I got my Yankee Candle Candy Cane Lane Candle Melt for £1.25) 


•Snoods
 

Snoods are such a perfect accessory to my autumn outfits, I find they really keep in the heat and make me super cosy! I love this one from H&M, and I find that cream goes with loads of different outfits so it's perfect! (H&M, £7.99 - a few years ago) 

•Oversized cardigans/jumpers
  

Oversized cardigans and sweaters are perfect for any autumn outfit to keep you super snugly! I love being cosy and warm but I really love this super soft and thick cardigan from Forever 21 because it hangs nicely and still looks cute with an outfit! I love wearing it with both jeans and boots, or skirts or dresses, it's so versatile! And grey is definitely a signature colour in my wardrobe!


•Lipbalm

 Lip balm is an essential for everyday all year round but autumn is a time when the air is colder and your lips need that little extra moisturising! I like using EOS lip balm in the 'flavour' Strawberry, this is clear on the lips but so hydrating or Maybelline Baby Lips in Cherry Me; however this leaves a bright pink/red shade that really doesn't suit me, so I use this at night before bed.

•Zoella Beauty Christmas Collection 
  

With the most festive scent of gingerbread, the new Zoella Beauty Christmas Range for 2016 features the most delicious-scented products including a shower gel, a body cream, a fragrance, bath fizzers, bubble bath and more. Ranging from the £5.50 "Hungry Hands" hand cream to a set of 4 fragrances from Zoella Beauty for £16, the collection is relatively inexpensive and perfect for Christmas gifts. The scent, however, is not only for Christmas, but in general is ideal for Autumn, with a warm smell of home-baked gingerbread and elements of vanilla, the collection is an essential for now! This fragrance is an essential! 
 



So they were my Autumn Essentials! I hope you enjoyed and maybe got some inspirational to try out and maybe find some of these products yourself! Let me know in the comments below if you'd like me to write any blogposts in particular and I'll be sure to think about any ideas!

Love Alesha xo 

(All photography is mine) 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe