The Little Things in Life

17:59




As the weather increasingly gets worse, nights are darker, it's easier to get ill and I have college deadlines, therefore I do tend to feel a little down, and I know some people feel the same in the upcoming months. So I decided to think about the little things in life which make me happy, I love to think about this on a daily basis, and try and incorporate various things from this list to make me smile throughout the day. Here's some of the Little Things in Life...

  • Puppies. I met a little puppy called Rupert the other day and he made my heart melt. He was wearing an adorable waterproof coat. I would absolutely love to get a dog, spaniels are so sweet, I also have a new-found love for pugs, thanks to Nala, (the Zalfie dog). 
  • Bubble baths. I absolutely love having a bath, especially when using a Lush bubble bar or bath-bomb. Baths are the perfect way for me to relax, specifically on a cold autumn evening, as cliche as that sounds.

 

  • Tango Ice Blasts. (One of the best parts of going to the Cinema. Get the mix of Cherry and Blue Raspberry, it's insanely good.)
  • Heavy Rain. It makes me feel so cosy when the rain is beating down against the window when I'm all snuggled up in bed.
  • 100% charge. The satisfaction of having full charge on your phone, or laptop, or tablet, etc. is truly magical, for me anyway. 
  • Free WiFi. Two of my favourite words. Simple. 
  • Forehead kisses. Cheesy but so cute. Don't judge.  
  • 1080p video quality. HD quality is so satisfying when watching YouTube. 
  • New books. The smell of new books, the pristine cover and smooth pages is just something I enjoy. Is that weird? 
 

  • Cosy tights. Black tights are a staple piece of my outfits when its cold. I even wear black tights underneath my jeans - I get very, very cold.
  • Concerts. Seeing your favourite artists live is such a surreal feeling. I've seen Ariana 4 times since 2013, and in April I saw my other favourite music artist, Troye Sivan. 
 

  • The view from a plane window. Seeing clouds from that height is such an amazing experience, and of course I take the typical Instagram view from the plane window.
  • Completing a task. Deadlines. College life. It's so great to accomplish something and tick something off your list of jobs to complete!
 
  • Sunsets. I'm so cliche and cheesy, but I just love taking photos of the sky when it looks incredible and picturesque. 
 


 

  • Polaroid pictures. Previously I've ordered my Instagram photos to be printed by LaLaLab (Polagram) and made a collage on my wall! I love how precious and special polaroids make a simple photo!  
  • Fresh roses. Random but I think roses are really pretty and classic flowers, they're really aesthetically pleasing too! 
  • Dr Pepper. It's my favourite fizzy drink ever. I tend to drink it occasionally as a treat due to its sugar content, but it's my absolute favourite drink ever, and I could literally drink it everyday for the rest of my life if it wasn't so bad for me.
  • New messages. Especially from your favourite people.
  • Cute old people. There's something adorable about old couples holding hands. 
  • Getting post.Whether it's the morning of your birthday or you've ordered something online, I find getting mail really exciting! But I cannot open envelopes properly, I just can't do it. I fail every time.
  • Fresh sheets. Having fresh bed sheets is one of the comfiest feelings in the world. 
  • Pretty nails. Occasionally (usually for Christmas) I like to get my nails done (acrylics), as I know they're relatively bad for your nails, but they just look so pretty. I usually get them done pale pink as they look natural and super cute!
 
  • Lyrics. Relatable or simply part of my favourite song. At one point, I was that person who tweeted lyrics as I listened to a song!
 


I would love to hear what some of your favourite "little things"in your life are! So feel free to leave me a comment below! I hope you enjoyed my blog post this week! Next week I have a super exciting blog post coming up, so Subscribe to my mailing list to be notified when my blog posts go live every Saturday! Hint: Halloween and Lush. 

Love Alesha xo

(All photography is mine)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe