September Favourites | 2016

21:03

How is it already October? As everyone says every year, "This year has gone so fast". But it's October already, and that means a few things - Autumn is here, it's getting a lot colder, and it's time to discuss my favourites of the previous month. So here are my September Favourites...


  • Sweet Like Candy by Ariana Grande Fragrance
I bought this perfume at the end of the month, yet it's already one of my favourites scents ever. I got an amazing deal with a discount for The Perfume Shop's 5th Anniversary, and it came with free pyjama shorts (which are literally the comfiest and softest shorts ever) and a "Team Ariana" water bottle which has assisted me in drinking more water during the day at college. So my favourite perfume is the "Ari by Ariana Grande" fragrance and this new scent had definitely gone up there with the original perfume! Also the bottle is absolutely adorable, I love it! (The Perfume Shop/Boots, £23 for 30ml, £31 for 50ml and £43 for 100ml) 


 •Taco Bell 

So Taco Bell is relatively rare in the UK, and the nearest one to me was about 40 minutes away, it was just inconvenient. Recently they opened one in my town, and I couldn't be more excited. The day it opened I got a free Taco Bell T-Shirt and I have since then, visited 3 days last week. I'm obsessed. I'm not necessarily a massive fan of spicy, Mexican foods, however I cannot tell you how amazing the Quesadillas are. They're my favourite. I could eat them daily. I won't because I have already put on weight because of Taco Bell opening nearby. It's both a pleasure and a hazard to my health.



•Zoella Lifestyle "She Designed A Life She Loved" Planner 

This planner is one of my favourite things ever. I received it when visiting the Zoella Apartment at the start of September and have used it everyday since. It's so handy with suitable space for all days of the week, with sticky notes for reminders, and lists. I would say I'm a really organised person, so this planner is so perfect for me. The cover (and inside) is also so aesthetically pleasing and I really love the quote on the front.

  (Zoella Lifestyle Planner, £10, Boots)

 •Butter Mintoes 

Mints are an essential in my bag, (as you may be aware from my last blogpost "What's In My Bag 2016") and I absolutely love these butter mintoes from M&S. I love to just chuck them in my bag, and have one (and give them out to people who witness me opening them) during the day. I also like to keep them in a pot on my bedside table to simply snack on. (Seems like a bit of a weird snack I know) They taste really nice and if I feel ill, it makes me feel a little better! So you can't go wrong with a butter mintoe! (Butter Mintoes, M&S, £1.00 per bag) 


 •Tanya Bakes - Brownie Cake Recipe 

Ever since Tanya Burr released her baking book, "Tanya Bakes" I have been absolutely obsessed with making (attempting, and sometimes failing in some instances, e.g. my boyfriend's birthday) the Brownie Cake. This cake is so rich, made from dark chocolate and light brown sugar, assisting my idea that this cake is a healthier cake than many others. Dark chocolate is quite good for you, right? I've made it about 5 times now, and I aim to make it more in the upcoming autumn months. I imagine having a slice of it with a glass of milk, sitting in a bed of blankets with fairy lights and a movie in the background. I would definitely recommend making this cake! 
(Tanya Bakes, Amazon, currently £8.49) 


•Rimmel London "Caramel Cupcake" (500) Nail Varnish 

I tend to stick with super neutral colours for my nails, keeping to pretty nudes, light pinks, and black and white for the end of the year seasons. I have been loving the 60 second super shine Rimmel nail varnish in this purple-toned brown/nude shade. I must admit I don't find that it dries in 60 seconds, nor does it take 60 seconds to coat the nails, however I do find that it has a shine to it with a couple of coats. I also think that it lasts a lot longer than many other nail varnishs I tend to use, (e.g. Barry M). I am super clumsy and I chip my nails really easily so I really look for formulas that last and don't chip so easily. This Rimmel London one is super inexpensive too! (Rimmel London 60 Second Super Shine Nail Varnish, in Caramel Cupcake, Superdrug/Boots, £2.99) 


I have also been loving: 
•Charlie Puth (Music) 
•The 1975 (Music) 
•Donut Dazzle (App/Game) 
•FabHan (YouTuber) 
•The Great British Bake Off 2016 (TV) 


So that was my September Favourites! Feel free to let me know what you've been loving in the comments and I'll be sure to check them out! I hope you've had a good September, Happy October! 

Love, Alesha

(All photography is my own) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe