January Haul

18:30

So it's that time of year where the majority of the shops, online and in store, have some really good January Sales, and of course, this is prime shopping time, so I did make some purchases, with in store and online. And no, January isn't over just yet, but I aim not to spend anymore this month! From The Body Shop, Paperchase, Primark, Lush, and more...


So obviously I'm really into Blogging, and I follow the Instagram account for 'Blogosphere Magazine', which I absolutely love, and when I saw the Zoella (Issue 11) edition, I really wanted to read it! When I was in the Brighton WHSmith, I was so excited when I happened to notice the magazine propped up randomly in front of a random sports-focused magazine. I'm sure the Blogosphere Magazines are available in the majority of WHSmith stores, but I found it so ironic that I happened to buy it in Brighton (where Zoe lives, and where the interview was written and the photos were shot). I read Zoe's interview whilst waiting for my food to arrive in Bills, and I love the style of the magazine! And although it was £6, its super good quality and full of content! 

Blogosphere Magazine, Issue 11, £6, WHSmith 


 The other day, I popped into Paperchase and checked out their January Sale, as I really wanted to get a 2017 Diary, as although I have a calendar, unfortunately it doesn't have boxes to write in. Plus I'm an organisation fanatic. I saw this adorable little notebook, which is perfect to just fit in my bag without taking up too much space! I really like the size (A5), the design on the front and the quote "Today Do Something For You", as I think it's important to make yourself happy. 

A5 'Today Do Something For You' 2017 Diary, £3 (Reduced from £6), Paperchase


I visited the Body Shop website for their sale at like 1am on Boxing Day, (technically the day after Boxing Day), and placed a cheeky little order. The sale featured half price products, plus an extra 40% off the items! So firstly, I purchased two of the Honeymania Bubble Bath Melts, one for my mum (as her birthday is the 15th January - tomorrow as I upload this), and one for myself. Together, in the sale, they were £4.80, making them £2.40 each, whereas without the sale they would be £4 each, so this was an amazing deal! 

Honeymania Bubble Bath Melt, £2.40 each, The Body Shop 



I also purchased one of the festive Shower Gels, in Frosted Berries. I haven't tried it out as I want to give this to my mum for her birthday as she loves the smell of Cranberries and she loves berry/fruit-infused scents. I absolutely love The Body Shop Shower Gels, as they lather up super well and smell insane. Usually they're £2.50 each, but with the sale, I purchased it for £1.50. 

Frosted Berries Shower Gel, £1.50 each, The Body Shop


Again, for my mum, I purchased the Spiced Apple Lip Balm, she is totally obsessed with having a lip balm with her at all times, like me with having a high percentage for the battery on my phone. This should have been £2, however in the sale it was £1.20.

Spiced Apple Lip Balm, £1.20 each, The Body Shop




I also purchased two of the Shower Gels for myself, both the Spiced Apple and Vanilla Chai from the festive collection smell amazing. I have already tried the Vanilla Chai, and it smells so lovely and sweet, but it also creates amazing bubbles to cleanse with, as a shower gel should. Both the Spiced Apple and Vanilla Chai Shower Gels should have been £2.50 each, but they were £1.50 with the sale. 

Spiced Apple/Vanilla Chai Shower Gel, £1.50 each, The Body Shop


From the Lush Sale, (50% off the Autumn/Winter/Christmas Range), I purchased a few Lord of Misrule bath bombs, of which I have used 2 out of 3. Then recently I popped into my local Lush store as I saw on Instagram they had a delivery of new sale items, including the Father Christmas Bath Bomb, Snow Fairy Shower Gel and Body Lotion, Shoot For The Stars Bath Bomb Northern Lights Bath Bomb, Sleepy Body Lotion, and the Snowman and Santa's Belly Shower Jellies. From this, I simply purchased a Shoot For The Stars Bath Bomb and a Sleepy Body Lotion, as Sleepy is the same scent as my favourite bath bomb ever, Twilight. So both of these products were half price, the bath bomb is usually £4.25, and the body lotion is usually £7.95, so I got both for about £6.

  




When in Brighton last weekend, I went to Primark as I absolutely love their black tights, as they're super soft and completely inexpensive. So along with the tights I picked up, as I was looking around, I saw a NASA fleece-lined jumper. It's super soft, and I love the design on the front, I love NASA, and you should totally check out their Instagram because wow; the jumper was on sale, yes a sale in Primark - it was originally £12, but it was down to £5. I also really needed a new college bag and there was a small hole at the bottom that made me feel on edge, so I just picked up a black bag for just £12! 




The more random pieces that I purchased include...
Nivea Powder Touch Anti-Perspirant (Deodorant), £1.97 (On Sale), Boots 

I couldn't believe it when I saw this in HMV for only £4.99 as this DVD only recently came out, but as the HMV in Brighton was closing down, they had a "Everything Must Go" Sale. I saw this somewhere else the week before, and wanted it immediately as I love Sarah Millican, but it was £14.99, and I wanted to wait until it wasn't brand new on the shelves. So this made me incredibly happy, I practically ran to the till as I thought it was too good to be true. 

Sarah Millican: Outsider Live DVD, £4.99 (Reduced from £12.99), HMV

Walking around the Churchill Square Shopping Centre in Brighton, I walked into the Tiger store, which I know is good for stationary and homeware, as well as unique and random items. As I walked around, I came across a USB light chain, I have been looking for some fairy lights for my desk for a while - for photos for my blog, but when I saw that these lights are connected through the USB of a laptop, I immediately loved the idea. For only £3.50, you can't go wrong. 

USB Light-Chain, £3.50, Tiger 


 

The other day, I received an email saying that I had spent £50 in Paperchase since opening my Paperchase Membership Card, and they gifted me with £5 for my loyalty to the brand. Paperchase are super generous to their members as they gift £5 for each members' birthday too. So I picked up a pretty little birthday card for my mum, (as I previously mentioned her birthday is very soon). I also wanted to redo a wall in my bedroom, as it was previously quite bare, so I purchased some of the Paperchase graphic postcards, which look adorable together as a collage. 

 

So there was my January Haul! I hope you enjoyed it, and if you want more Lifestyle/Beauty content then sign up to receive an email which tells you when I have uploaded a brand new blog post! 


Love, Alesha xo


Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/missaleshajade

& Follow Me On Bloglovin'  (Click the button in the top left corner!) 




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe