Favourites of 2016

19:00

So this is my last post talking about the past year. 2016 is well and truly over, but I just wanted to talk about my favourites of the entire year. My favourites vary from Scents, to Music, to Food, to Homeware, to Beauty! I would definitely recommend some of the products I used last year, so here's my 2016 favourites...

Favourite Scents: 

  • Soap & Glory Mist You Madly Body Mist - I've spoken about this copious amounts of times due to my love for this scent. It's so lovely, yet so affordable. It works for both everyday (casually), as well as evening/special occasions. 
 

  • Bath and Body Works A Thousand Wishes Fragrance Mist 
 

  • Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Fragrance Mist 
  • Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Fragrance Mist 
  • Ari by Ariana Grande Perfume - I am not bias when I confess my love for this fragrance. Yes, I am an Ariana Grande fanatic, but this scent is insanely good. I try to use it sparingly - only for special occasions as it's so nice. I ran out of the Hair Mist for this scent,  and I really should re-purchase it as I can wear it daily and still smell a little bit of the scent throughout the day!
 


Favourite Music: 
  • Sometimes - Ariana Grande

  • Thinking Bout You - Ariana Grande
  • Old Shoes - Adam Barnes 
  • UGH! - The 1975
  • Paris - The 1975
  • Scars To Your Beautiful - Alessia Cara

Favourite TV Shows/
  • Sherlock - Which technically started New Years Day, but it's so insanely good I have to mention it - I would definitely recommend catching up on the 3 episodes that were released.
  • Louise Live DVD - I laughed out loud on multiple occasions. You should totally watch it. 
 

  • Finding Dory - So much anticipation, and this time round - moving on from my childhood of Finding Nemo, I was actually aware that Ellen is the voice of Dory. Also I straight up cried because of this movie. I recommend.
  • Catfish: The TV Show - I used to watch this constantly, I do love a bit of Nev and Max. And when my Media Studies teacher announced that we were studying Catfish as one of our television texts for our exam, I was beyond excited and watched a significant amount of episodes in my spare time. I called it research. For exams. Obviously.

Favourite Books:
  • Peggy and Me by Miranda Hart - Miranda Hart is one of my favourite comedians, and I was obsessed with her BBC sitcom, Miranda. I've read about 6 chapters so far, and I love her style of comedy and the way she writes. I can relate to her awkwardness.
 

  • Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon - Please just read this. I found out about this book from Zoella's WHSmith Book Club, and I could not put it down, I finished it about 2 sittings. No spoilers. 

  • Tanya Bakes by Tanya Burr - After the announcement of Tanya Bakes, and going to Tanya'a book signing, I tried my hand at baking. I absolutely love the Brownie Cake from this book, and I've attempted the Milk and White Chocolate Chunk Cookies which are insanely good too. I also found that there was quite a lot of healthy alternatives so the recipes weren't as bad for you as they might have been in a different baking book! I would definitely recommend this book if you want to get into some extremely delicious baking! 

 


Favourite Beauty Products:
  • Ponds Facial Cream - I've mentioned this before but I absolutely love it. It smells so nice, and a little goes a long way, plus obviously it's super moisturising. 
 

  • Garnier Micellar Water - My favourite product to remove make up or simply cleanse my face daily with.
 

  • Benefit They're Real Mascara - Since wearing this daily recently, I have received so many compliments about my lashes - a few people asked if they were fake - which I guess is the idea of the name! This mascara is a total holy grail. It's insanely good at lengthening and creating volume without clumping. 
 

  • Burts Bees Ginger Spice Lip Moisturising Balm - It smells beautifully seasonal, and makes my lips super soft and moisturised. 
 
  • Urban Decay Naked 2 Eye Palette - I received this palette for my birthday from my friend, and my favourite shades are Suspect, Snakebite and YDK. 
 

  • MAC Ruby Woo Matte Lipstick - I purchased this for the festive season (December), and at first I was so unsure as this definitely needs a lipliner/brush to apply the outline for precision. It's a lovely deep red shade, and definitely got me out of my neutral MAC Honeylove stage for a month. 
 

  • Soap and Glory Butter Yourself Moisture Lotion - I have used this moisturiser for the entirety of 2016. After I have a bath/shower, I apply this - it smells so nice and makes my skin super smooth. 
 


Favourite Places:
  • Bills - I have never eaten in Bills until I went to Brighton, despite the fact that one opened in my local town a few months ago, but when I went recently, I really loved it - I love the atmosphere, the menu and oh my goodness the Halloumi, Lettuce, & Sweet Chilli Sauce Burger.
  • Rotonda West, Southwest Florida - When visiting Florida last November, we visited Orlando for a week, and spent a week in Rotonda West, where it was super warm and where we stayed - very quiet. I spent a lot of time simply chilling out in our villa, and exploring the area, cycling and playing tennis in the resorts tennis court. 
  • Brighton - I have only been to Brighton a handful of times, and only twice in the last year - but I absolutely love walking around The Lanes, and finding all the versatile, unique shops and cafes. 
  • Costa - I have been a Starbucks lover for years, but at the end of 2016, I found myself in Costa a lot, and I noticed that I wasn't going into Starbucks, and when I did, I felt like I didn't like many of the choices, whereas with Costa, I find I have more choice. 

Favourite Food:

  • Sour Patch Kids - I found out that they are vegetarian friendly, and when in Walmart, I purchased the biggest bag I've ever seen. It lasted a solid couple of weeks. I love Sour Patch Kids. 
  • Jelly Tots - Another favourite sweet of mine, and being a vegetarian (for about 3/4 years), I wasn't sure if they contained gelatine - but they are in fact friendly for vegetarians! 
  • Halloumi and Salad wraps. I love halloumi, and only in the past year, have I discovered the ability to put it in a wrap with salad, and of course some salad cream. Genius.
  • Sun-dried Tomato and Cheese Toasted Sandwich, from Costa. I love these, which is odd as I don't like tomato, it's essentially a pizza. 

Favourite Homeware:
  • Bath and Body Works Sweater Weather Candle 
  • Lightbox 
 

  • Paperchase Laser-Cut Lace Paper Bunting
 

 

  • IKEA Skurar Candle Dish - I have a few around my room, which I use as little plates for jewellery, little things, a coaster, etc.
 

  • Zoella Lifestyle Lazy Days Candle - which is coming to its end very quickly unfortunately.
 


So these were my Favourites of 2016! I hope you look into some of these products, shows, songs, etc. and find a favourite of your own! Thank you for reading my blog post - I have some beauty related posts, some lifestyle, some baking themed blog posts coming soon, so sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! (Every Saturday Evening - between 6pm-9pm UK Time) 

Love Alesha xo





& Follow Me On Bloglovin'  (Click the button in the top left corner!) 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe