Urban Decay Product Testing

19:30

So recently, I spontaneously purchased the Urban Decay Shimmering Powder for Face and Body in Luminous online. When I was in the Checkout on the website, they offered me 3 free samples - I chose to try the All Nighter Liquid Foundation, the Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid and the Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer.







•Urban Decay Shimmering Powder for Face and Body in Luminious

When it arrived, (literally 2 minutes before I was about to leave the house for college - thanks to Chris the DPD delivery-man), I was so excited to try the Shimmering Powder which I've heard is an insanely good highlight. I did my research - looked at all the reviews as well as asked my friends who I know have this powder for their judgement. The next morning when I did my make up, I tried the highlight power, which at application, I couldn't see too well due to the lighting in my room - however my friend did tell me I was glowing. Since using it more and more during the past week, I have noticed it's results more and more, especially in certain lights.


(The Urban Decay Shimmering Powders are £22.50 each.) 

  • Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation
So obviously (if you know what I look like), out of the sample, I tested the two palest shades, (the 1.0 and 2.5). Instantly when I applied it, I noticed a shimmer/glitter to my skin, which I don't know if that was a planned property of the foundation, or not. It was a relatively light formula, and applied really nicely. Plus, a small amount of it goes a long way - which is obviously a bonus for the high price (£27 a bottle)! I was really excited to use this product as it was the winner of The Beauty Awards 2016 (Debenhams Beauty Card/OK! Magazine). After applying it, I felt like my skin felt slightly velvety - again, I also think although this foundation states to be Full Coverage - I do think some concealer is still needed under the eyes to brighten and cover my dark circles. I also find the formula a little drying. 

(Full Size of the Urban Decay All Nighter Liquid Foundation, £27 per bottle.)

  • Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer
I tend to just wear a concealer instead of using a foundation as I think my skin benefits from not wearing too much makeup - I like my skin to breathe, so I was super excited to try this high coverage concealer. I will admit that although the formula is super lightweight,  I don't think, personally, it was full coverage - maybe my dark under eye bags are so bad they need more help. But I do prefer my trusty Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer - which actually brightens up under my eyes too! So therefore, I don't think for the price, it's worth £17.50 for me. As it has won Best Beauty in The Stylist Awards 2016, I think maybe I didn't have enough of the product to test out to its complete extent, therefore it may have worked better with more product. I might try the full size another time to give a more realistic opinion. 

(Full Size of the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer, £17.50 per tube.) 

  • Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid
So I actually purchased the Pink Color Correcting Fluid from the collection (including Green/Lavender/Peach/Pink/Yellow) whilst I visited a Sephora in America a couple of months ago. Ever since I purchased it, I have used it pretty much everyday, and I can honestly say its an amazing product, it's great at covering my dark under eye circles and I love the formula and application brush. So when I selected my samples at the Checkout, I was so excited to try another colour from the collection as they all have different properties (the Pink one specifically aims to "brighten/disguise dark areas", the Yellow one "conceals purple-hued dark circles and brightens complexion", the Peach one is for "dark circles, dark spots, veins and discolouration, ideal for blue-hued dark circles" and the Green one "counteracts spot redness"). When the samples arrived, it featured just one of the fluids - the Yellow one. When trying this one out, I found that it just did not have the same effects as my beloved Pink one was giving me. Therefore I probably wouldn't choose to purchase a full tube of the Yellow one, but instead try out another colour or simply repurchase my Pink one when it comes to its final moments. 

(Full Size of the Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid, £17.50 per tube.)


So I hope you enjoyed this more Beauty-Related blog post! I tend to stick to the Lifestyle category, so let me know if you enjoyed this little review of some of the Urban Decay products! Thank you for reading this blog post - I have some more beauty related posts, some lifestyle, some baking themed blog posts coming this year, so sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! (Every Saturday Evening - between 6pm-9pm UK Time) 

Love Alesha xo



& Follow Me On Bloglovin'  (Click the button in the top left corner!) 




 Peach works great for dark circles, dark spots, veins and deep discoloration. It’s ideal for blue-hued dark circles, typically seen in deeper skin tones.

• Pink disguises dark circles, particularly on fair skin tones. Also works well as a highlighter and creates a lifted appearance.

• Yellow is perfect for concealing purple-hued dark circles or brightening lackluster complexions.

Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid is the next generation of skin perfection and radiance. Use these shades to correct imperfections and play up your best features, all without having to lug around a w


• Yellow is perfect for concealing purple-hued dark circles or brightening lackluster complexions.

Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid is the next generation of skin perfection and radiance. Use these shades to correct imperfections and play up your best features, all without having to lug around a whole contour kit. Unlike a lot of cream-based col

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe