Product Empties 2016

19:00

At the end of the year, I noticed I had a whole lot of empty products! So I wanted to give you a little review on each of the products I've run out of in the last year! Here are some of my Product Empties of 2016...

  • Lush Lord of Misrule Shower Cream
 
I received this shower cream from Lush when I purchased the Halloween Collection, I stuck to mainly bath bombs and bubble bars, but when I was at the till, the very kind lady serving me, gave me a free Lord of Misrule shower cream to try! It totally made my day, and I have loved testing it out over the last couple of months! A little goes a long way, it smells amazing, but I will admit, the fluorescent green colour did slightly get everywhere, and I felt like it subtly stained my skin for a small portion of time after application. It did leave my skin super smooth however, and the scent is one of my favourites from Lush, so I would definitely recommend. 

  • Bath and Body Works Sweater Weather 3 Wick Candle
 
When I was in America, I spent a copious amount in Bath and Body Works, however, I limited myself to just two of their 3-wick candles, purely due to the weight of all the products in my suitcase. Although having two suitcases, I could have easily put in a few more candles, I wish I had purchased more. Deep regret. So, since returning from the US in mid November, and burning one of the candles,  'Sweater Weather' every single moment I could, the candle soon came to its beautiful-smelling end. This was one of the best scents from Bath and Body Works, I was super sad when it was increasingly melting down, with its slightly musky, mildly sweet scent of fresh sage, juniper berry and aromatic eucalyptus. Also, may I mention, as I find this quite crazily ironic, the song 'Sweater Weather' just started playing randomly on my Spotify shuffle as I type this. Insanity.

  • Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Hand Sanitiser 
One of my favourite scents from Bath and Body Works is the Sweet Pea Collection, so when in the queue in B&BW, I decided to pick up one of the Hand Sanitiser, as they're super handy to pop in your bag, and they smell too good. Not the classic alcoholic scent of normal hand sanitisers. 

 
  • B&BW Vanilla Berry Sorbet Hand Sanitiser
I believe my friend gave this to me after she visited Florida. She went a couple of years ago, so these hand sanitisers really do last, used sparingly as a little does go a long way. The scent of Vanilla Berry Sorbet was amazing, I don't believe they do this scent anymore in hand sanitisers, however I have seen they have the scent in their Foaming Hand Soap Collection. It's super sweet, but quite strong in vanilla too, people always asked what it was when I applied even the smallest amount. 

  • Zoella Beauty Gingerbread Shower Glaze
 
From the launch of the Zoella Beauty Christmas Range, (to which I visited the Zoella Apartment, and received one of the Shower Glazes' after pulling one of the Zoella Beauty Crackers), I have been through 4 of them, from September to now. The scent of this is absolutely amazing, the whole Zoella Apartment smelt of Gingerbread, and I could smell it for about a week after. It's such a prominent smell, with warming gingerbread and subtle notes of vanilla, it's the perfect festive scent, giving off baking on a gloomy day with fairy lights and hot chocolate vibes. 

  • Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer (Fair) 
 
This is an absolute essential in my every day makeup collection. I don't wear foundation anymore, instead I simply use a small amount of the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer under my eyes to cover my dark under eye bags. This concealer has an insanely good coverage and formula for a Collection (drug-store) product. After deciding to conform to the hype around this concealer a few years ago, I have gone through so many, and luckily it's so inexpensive, at £4.19 per tube (Superdrug)!

  • Garnier Skin Active Micellar Cleansing Water
 
 
I started the year in the lazy makeup removal method of using Simple cleansing wipes, although after trying and finishing the classic Garnier Skin Active Cleansing Water, I was in love with how easy and  better it was removing make up from my skin. It made my skin super smooth after, and took off heavy-duty mascara with ease. After loving the original cleansing water, I decided to try out the Garnier Skin Active Oil-Infused Micellar Cleansing Water, this was such a cool concept to me as you can literally see the layer of oil, (an emulsion) in the bottle. The oil essentially is used to dissolve the makeup off. 


•MAC Honeylove Matte Lipstick 

 
I have used this since 2015, (I originally purchased it for my prom), and I've gone through 2 now! I love the formula and the shade! 

  • Ari by Ariana Grande Perfume
 
I have a lot of Ariana Grande related products, but one of my favourites is her perfume collection, her original perfume, Ari by Ariana Grande is probably my favourite perfume ever.  And out of the 3 fragrances she has released, Ari, Frankie and Sweet Like Candy, Ari is definitely my favourite. With a predominantly floral feminine scent, and notes of musk, woods and a subtle hint of marshmallow. I have gone through one and a half bottles of this since its UK release, luckily I still have a full bottle left, as well as a couple of the Sweet Like Candy perfumes (as its a close second to my favourite scent). But take a moment to appreciate the perfume bottle design too. Too cute.


And there it was, my Product Empties from 2016, these are just a few of the products I used up last year! I hope you enjoyed it, let me know what blog posts you would like to read this year in the comments below or tweet me!


Love, Alesha xo


Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/missaleshajade

& Follow Me On Bloglovin'  (Click the button in the top left corner!) 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe