Lush Collection | January 2018

19:00


So Lush is one of my favourite brands, purely for their high quality, gorgeous scents and ethics in terms of using natural ingredients, being Vegetarian/Vegan and fighting against Animal Testing. I have been using Lush products for many years now and have found myself with quite the collection. Quite the collection in fact, that last month I had to make a trip to IKEA to get a whole storage space just to hold my Bath/Body products (as I mentioned in a previous blog post). 





(Dragons Egg Bath Bomb, £3.95)

I actually have never used this bath bomb, even though it’s such a classic, and its been around since like 2014. I received this bath bomb in the “Happy Bath-Day” Gift Set which I was kindly given on my birthday. Looking on the Lush website, it’s highly rated at 5 stars, and I believe its filled with popping candy and gold lustre, with scents including Lemon Oil, uplifting Bergamot Oil and Jasmine Absolute, which are all super fresh scents.

(Over and Over Bath Bomb, £4.50)

Another bath bomb which came in the ‘Happy Bath-Day” Gift Set, which once again, I have not tried. This bath bomb is another citrusy fresh scented product, with Lime Oil. One half of this bath bomb is super moisturising with Fair Trade Cocoa Butter, and the other side is the normal powdery surface you would expect from a bath bomb.

(Christmas Sweater Bath Bomb, £4.50)

This was one of my favourites of the Lush Christmas Range 2017. It has the ultimate festive, spicy, cinnamon scent and creates deep red, wine coloured water. I picked this one up in the Boxing Day Sale (as I previously spoke about in my Boxing Day Sale Haul blog post), making it half price at only £2.25). 

(Luxury Lush Pud Bath Bomb, £4.50)

An absolute Christmas classic. The most colourful and gorgeously scented bath bomb, with notes of Twilight - which is quite herbal/lavender-scented, making a super relaxing yet fun/colourful bath. I have purchased this bath bomb every Christmas since its been out (released in 2013). Once again, I picked this up in the '50% off festive products' sale on boxing day, making it £2.25. 

(Golden Wonder Bath Bomb, £4.50)

I love this Christmas classic bath bomb, Golden Wonder fizzes super fast to create gorgeous bright blue and yellow water. It smells incredible with a mixture of orange oil and lime oil, a fresh and citrusy scent. I also picked this one up in the sale for £2.25, which is so worth it for the sheer size of this bath bomb - being one of the biggest bath bombs. 

(Pumpkin Bath Bomb, £3.95)

The ‘Pumpkin’ bath bomb was aptly part of the Halloween range in 2017, but during the Boxing Day Sale, they obviously had some stock left from Halloween to get rid of, and I picked this Halloween favourite up for half price, at £1.98. This is one of my favourites from Halloween based on its delicious vanilla, baking-biscuity scent, despite its relatively basic effect on the water - simply creating plain orange water. 

(Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb, £3.95)

This is my absolute favourite scent of the Lush Halloween Range. I am completely obsessed with the herbal combination of Patchouli and Black Pepper oil, and I love how the plain green bath bomb fizzes into deep red wine coloured water. 

(Shoot For The Stars Bath Bomb, £4.25)

This is a super colourful bath bomb, deep blue with gold stars, with a scent of orange oil and bergamot. 

(Twilight Bath Bomb, £3.95)

Twilight is my ultimate favourite bath bomb and scent ever. From Lush and in life in general. I am quite a stressed/anxious person, so the calming Lavender, Ylang and Ylang and sweet Tonka Absolute are perfect for a relaxing bath time. Perfect for a pamper night. It also creates the prettiest water with pastel pinks and blues and eventually fizzing into deep purple water. It’s another classic bath bomb which has been around for over 5 years. 







(The Comforter Bubble Bar, £4.95)

This bubble bar is another classic, which has been around for years, it features the delicious smelling Ribena-blackcurrant scent. And living up to its name, it’s super comforting, and with the size of this bubble bar, you can reuse it, and get a few bubble baths out of it. 

(Candy Mountain Bubble Bar, £2.95)

The bubble bar ‘Candy Mountain’ shares the classic festive-scent ‘Snow Fairy’. I am not actually a major fan of Snow Fairy due to its quite sickly sweet fragrance, but I like it in small doses, and I find that Candy Mountain gives your bath fluffy and subtly-scented sweet bubbles. As it’s part of the Christmas range, I both purchased this bubble bar in December, and after in the Boxing Day sale, making it only £1.48. 

(The Night Before Christmas Gift Set) 

I was given two “The Night Before Christmas” gift sets, one for my birthday and one for Christmas - I have used one of them so far, but I still have one left. As they were gifts and they are only online during the Christmas period, I couldn't actually find the price of these sets.

“The Night Before Christmas” Gift Set features: the Shoot For The Stars Bath Bomb and the Christmas Eve Bubble Bar. 




(Star Light Star Bright Bath Melt, £3.75)

This bath melt is super glittery, and similarly to a bath bomb, fizzes quickly into seriously colourful water, with a blue centre. However, as a bath melt, it does have great skin benefits to hydrate and moisturise the skin.   




(Twilight Shower Gels, 500g -£16.50, 250g - £10.95)

With the same scent as the bath bomb form of ‘Twilight’, this is my favourite shower gel. Similarly to  the Twilight bath bomb, this shares its beautifully relaxing and calming lavender, tonka absolute and ylang ylang. It’s the perfect “before-bed” scent, and this gel formula lathers so a little goes a long way which is ideal with the price. 

(Rose Jam Shower Gel, 250g - £9.75)

I have used this before and I absolutely the scent, it’s super sweet and floral. It’s not too overpowering like Snow Fairy, but it's sweet enough! As you can see from the photo, I got these 50% off, at just £4.88 each, or as I got two, you could class it as Buy One Get One Free! My purchases are justified...I have enough shower gel to last me a while. I’d be ready for an apocalypse, or a global shortage of shower gel. 

(Bubbly Shower Gel, 250g - £9.95)

I’m not 100% on this scent, as its a little too orangey / limey for me. I’m not the biggest fan of citrus-scents, hence my slight dislike. I did pick this up in the Boxing Day - where my senses were all over the place in the madness of everyone in store and all the amazing bargains, for half price - £4.98. 




(Lord of Misrule Shower Creams, 500g - £15.95, 250g - £9.50)

Similarly to my favourite, Lord of Misrule bath bomb, this shower cream shares the amazing herbal spicy scent which I am obsessed with. Twilight and Lord of Misrule are my top two favourite scents ever, and I adore both equally, and both are unfortunately limited to being available at the end of the year. Hence why I have to stock up on both before they disappear in January. 

(Santa’s Christmas Shower Cream, 550g - £17.95)

Once again, the Boxing Day Sale madness got to my head and I was overwhelmed by different smells and sights, that I just picked up anything as my nostrils were no longer doing their job, and I couldn't smell anything, or rather, I could smell EVERYTHING. All at once. With no distinction. Consequently I picked up the biggest bottle of a festive shower cream in ‘Santa’s Christmas’. I am not so sure about this, which is a slight issue as I now have a 550g bottle, but I will get used to it - I did like it a little more when I smelt it for the 9th time. 




(Sleepy Body Lotion, 215g - £13.95, 95g - £7.95)

‘Sleepy’ is part of the ‘Twilight'-scent collection, so therefore you can guess that I absolutely love this body lotion. It is the most relaxing lotion to moisturise with after a long bath, and then get into bed with smooth and gorgeous-smelling skin. Along with all Lush lotions which I have tried previously, ‘Sleepy’ really sinks into the skin well, and leaves your skin feeling lovely and soft. This is a lotion which I will be repurchasing for sure. 

(Once Upon A Time Naked Body Lotion, £7.95)

I have never tried any of their new ‘Naked’ products - e.g. their well-loved products solidified and not packaged, to enable environmental benefits of not wasting plastic for the pots. I picked this up in the BD Sale for 50% off at only £3.98, and I wish I had picked up more, or at least popped into store when they had more sale stock when they actually had the normal Once Upon A Time body lotion form (in the pots). I like the idea of saving plastic and being eco-friendly, however I do personally prefer the consistency and formula of the body lotions (like ‘Sleepy’), as oppose to the solid products. But in terms of scent, Once Upon A Time, I believe is linked to the So White bath bomb, which has hints of Apple in! It smells really nice and fresh, and is now a new favourite scent of mine! 




(Sea Monster Fun, 200g, £4.95)

I have only ever used ‘Fun’ once before, and I don't know why I haven't picked up it more, ‘Fun’ has 3 uses - Bubble Bath, Shampoo and Shower Wash. I love the versatility of the product! This particular version (scent) of ‘Fun’ was featured in the ‘Happy Bath-Day” Gift Set which I previously mentioned. It has quite a unique scent with some citrus (Lime Oil), but also Lavender Absolute and Seaweed Absolute. 




(Daddy-O Shampoo, 250g - £12.25 , 100g - £6.25)
(American Cream Hair Conditioner, 100g - £5.45)

I have purchased both of these products more than once. I picked up both of them randomly a few years ago, and I have continued to just repurchase both of them again and again. I absolute love how the Daddy-O shampoo smells and also brightens your hair, the purple colour is a little off-putting at first and it does make your shower a little purple when washing it out, but it really does smell incredible - with super fragrant Violet Leaf Absolute, fresh Lime Oil and Bergamot Oil. I clearly have a thing about relaxing scents, because I think the Violet Leaf Absolute really overpowers the citrus notes, and creates a really soothing fragrance. 

I tend to use the ‘American Cream’ more occasionally than the shampoo because I have quite long hair and use quite a lot because it makes my hair so ridiculously soft. I think it may be the best condoner I have ever used in terms of creating the most softness. Although I do find it harder to style my hair when it's so soft. ‘American Cream’ has a fresh and creamy strawberry milkshake scent, and features ingredients including moisturising English Honey, sweet and comforting Vanilla Pod Infusion and fresh Strawberries!




(Snow Cake/Snow Castle Soap, in a Gift-Set)

I haven’t yet used this, as I don't tend to use solid soaps so much, but it does smell really nice, (subtly sweet but slightly fruity too)! I know a little goes a long way with Lush soaps, so I look forward to using this little soap!




(Chocolate Lip Scrub, £5.95)

I have previously used the ‘Bubblegum’ Lip Scrub, and I love the scents, and taste of the scrubs - yes, you can eat them (lick the scrub off your lip, I wouldn’t recommend getting a spoon and just eating it out of the pot). So with previous use of the lip scrubs, and my love for chocolate, I decided to pick up this! They do create a little mess when applying but they are a really nice idea, and perfect for those cold/dry lip days.

(Sugar Plum Fairy Naked Lip Scrub, £5.75)

I loved the scent of Sugar Plum Fairy and I meant to pick up the normal pot of this, but forgot, so when I saw the Naked version in the BD Sale, I had to pick one up - and of course it was 50% off, so it was only £2.88. I’ve actually found that this form (solid), doesn’t create as much of a mess, so I do prefer the Naked version of the lip scrubs. 





(Twilight Body Spray, £20)

As you’re probably aware by now, due to the fact I have every product in the ‘Twilight’ scent collection, I like the scent a lot. Consequently, I asked for the ‘Twilight’ body spray for my birthday, it’s an amazing scent which lasts so well and stays on your clothes, I like to spray my pyjamas/pillows before I go to sleep as it’s so calming. I would definitely recommend this to someone who needs a little extra help sleeping with ease - I’m one of those annoying people who can just fall asleep 10 seconds after my head hits the pillow, so this is just a little extra bonus for a relaxing sleep. 


That was my Lush Collection, as of now! It will definitely go down, and will also be added to with the new Valentines Range, then the Easter range, etc. So, as of (Mid) January 2018, that was my collection of Lush products!

Thank you for reading! If you want to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! 

Love Alesha xo

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/missaleshajade

P.S. If you ever wanted to see a super cute and fluffy puppy on your Insta-Feed, you should follow my puppy’s Instagram (http://www.instagram.com/maddiethecockapup)! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe