January Favourites | 2018

13:26



Products shown range from £6.50 to £10 each. Available in Boots.

Soap and Glory 

This month I have been really enjoying Soap and Glory body/skin-care products. January is a super cold month so taking care of your skin is really important, and I have found that the S&G products have ensured my skin stays hydrated and moisturised. They all smell incredible, and the products are really amazing quality. The scrub ('The Scrub of Your Life') is really exfoliating, and lathers really well with just a small amount, the body butter ('The Righteous Butter') is super thick (perfect for dry skin on the cold days), but soaks into your skin really well. The 'Smoothie Star Body Milk’ smells like a milkshake, which is a really lovely rich smell, a smell that lasts for hours. Another note is the amazing packaging, I really love the girly-ness. 



(Tanya Burr Cosmetics Illuminating Powder in Champagne Sorbet, £7.49 each, Superdrug) 

Over the month of January (which can I just say, I feel like has been one of the longest months ever), I have been using the highlighting powder from Tanya Burr Cosmetics, it creates the most gorgeous healthy shine on your cheek bones. I have referred to this product before in my ‘Tanya Burr Cosmetics Collection’ blogpost, and I mentioned that the colour is quite pink-toned, and as I am quite pale, the powder does show up but blending works.




(Tanya Burr Cosmetics Selfie Lash Mascara, £7.99 each, Superdrug)

I have used this every single day in January, and I don’t intend on changing mascaras any time soon. It creates the most amazing natural lengthened eyelashes, I love the natural look with fluttery individual lashes, but building up layers creates amazing volume. This is definitely a holy-grail product in my everyday makeup look. 


(CAMILA by Camila Cabello) 

I have been waiting for this album for months and months and months. I love Camila’s voice, and she is so incredibly talented with song-writing too. After hearing Havana last year, I was counting down the days for her debut album release. It was originally meant to be called 'The Hurting, The Healing, The Loving', but she changed the title before realising ‘CAMILA’. The album features some dance-y tracks, some ballads, and I can honestly say I love every single song, which is quite rare for a whole album. 

My Top 4 Favourites from CAMILA...

  • Consequences
  • Somethings Gotta Give
  • All These Years
  • In The Dark 




So in the last month I have been to the cinema 3 times, (I watched Pitch Perfect 3 twice, and then The Greatest Showman last Wednesday - I am obsessed with both films, and would definitely recommend them. I would happily watch them again and again - I rarely re-watch a film, and I rarely go to the cinema, but this month has been the month of the cinema. With going to the cinema, means one key thing. Tango Ice Blasts. I have spent an extortionate amount of money on these beverages. THEY ARE THE BEST THING IN THE ENTIRE WORLD. They’re my favourite every day of every month of every year, but I don’t tend to have them often, the only time is when I go to the cinema, and this month it just so happened to be three separate occasions, whereas throughout the year, it's very rare. They do 4 different flavours (Blue Raspberry, Cherry, Bubblegum and Orange), I like to mix the flavours (excluding orange because ew), and it’s so good. 




Speaking of the cinema, I had heard about the hype of The Greatest Showman, and last Wednesday I finally went to see it, I had heard amazing things about the soundtrack, but I wanted to wait until I had watched the film before I listened to the songs so its all new to me. I can say I completely understand the hype, and I am obsessed with both the film, and the soundtrack. 

My Top 4 Favourite Songs are:

  • The Greatest Show 
  • The Other Side
  • Never Enough 
  • Rewrite The Stars 


I have always been obsessed with the TV show ‘Catfish’, but this month the new Series (7) has begun again, and I am loving it. Nev and Max are just so funny, and the show is actually so interesting, I live for the drama on this show. 




It’s no secret that I love a bit of the M&S FoodHall, so when I found out they do a new range of Vegetarian-Friendly sweets, I was so excited to try them out. They are so nice, and I love that they have brought out some jelly-like sweets (similar to Tangfastics) that are suitable for vegetarians; they are currently 4 bags for £1.50 in Marks and Spencer’ FoodHall. 


Thank you for reading! If you want to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! 

Love Alesha xo

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/missaleshajade

P.S. If you ever wanted to see a super cute and fluffy puppy on your Insta-Feed, you should follow my puppy’s Instagram (http://www.instagram.com/maddiethecockapup)! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe