Happy Autumn 2017

19:00

So yesterday was officially the first day of autumn apparently! Happy Autumn! I have been getting so excited for the seasons to change recently; I’ve already started burning the autumnal-scented candles, written my Christmas list, purchasing some autumnal-themed products and participating in other autumnal events including bubble baths!




Firstly I wanted to discuss my new favourite autumnal scent - Vanilla Pumpkin from The Body Shop. I initially bought the little hand cream in this new autumnal scent, and then I recently went into an Outlet store and saw a package of the Vanilla Pumpkin Body Butter, Shower Gel as well as the Hand Cream. To my delight, the package saved me almost £10 worth of products, so I would definitely recommend checking out The Body Shop Outlet Stores! The actual scent itself is completely true to its name, very much a mix of sweet vanilla and hints of festive pumpkin - the perfect autumnal scent! 



(Vanilla Pumpkin Shower Gel, 250ml, The Body Shop, £5) 


(Vanilla Pumpkin 24 Hour Moisture Body Butter, 200ml, The Body Shop, £15) 


(Vanilla Pumpkin Hand Cream, 30ml, The Body Shop, £5) 


Another scent I have been enjoying recently is the new fragrance that came out recently from this years Zoella Beauty Christmas range - Snowella. This scent is so fresh with hints of peony, mint and pink pepper. The new range is absolutely stunning in terms of both packaging and the scent itself throughout! Obviously this is a Christmas scent, but I have been testing it for the last couple of weeks since it was released! (Expect a full Zoella Beauty Snowella Christmas Range blog post!)


Bubble baths have been a recurring thing for me recently, gone are my daily 20 minute showers, and I’ve been having a few baths a week (alongside showers) as the weather has gotten colder. I have been thoroughly enjoying using some more warmer products including the Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar bubble bath, followed by my Vanilla Pumpkin Body Butter. 

I also recently tried the new Lush bath bomb - Rocket Science, which smelt absolutely amazing, and resulted in extremely blue water with colourful little stars. 

(Rocket Science Bath Bomb, Lush, £2.95)



(Apple Pumpkin Candle, Walmart, $1 & White Linen and Lace Candle, Yankee Candle, £6, Tesco)

Candles are an absolute must-have for my Autumn nights. When in America last November, I picked up a little Apple Pumpkin candle from a supermarket, and I have recently started burning my Yankee Candle to fill my room with a warm and fresh smell because there is nothing better than a cosy room of a cold night. To my absolute dismay, my favourite Autumnal candle of all time, my Bath and Body Works 'Sweater Weather' candle has almost run out so I have a serious issue with burning it, therefore it just sits on my shelf to be regularly smelt. I cannot even explain how nice it smells, and how heartbroken I am that there are no Bath and Body Works stores in the UK. Like my friend and I are seriously considering flying to America simply for the BABW. Trust me, if you've ever been to one of their stores, I'm sure you understand my deep pain at the lack of candles, hand soaps, fragrance mists, etc. that we're missing out on.



(Spooktacular Gentle Foaming Hand Soap, $6.50, Bath and Body Works)

However, despite the lack of Bath and Body Works in my country, a very very lovely and generous soul  (a mutual on Instagram - @littleshannonsheep) really kindly sent me 8 B&BW hand soaps, and some other BABW goodies! I couldn't believe it when we were talking about our love for the brand and then she offered to send some of her stash to me! This hand soap in particular is one I've been loving so much recently, it may be slightly too early being a Halloween-themed one, but its almost October so... I absolutely adore the BABW gentle foaming hand soaps, as they're so soft on your skin, and product amazing smelling foam! This particular scent - Spooktacular, is very similar to my ultimate favourite Lush scent - Twilight - "a thrilling blend of chilly midnight air, dark lavender and ghostly black pepper. The ultimate Autumnal hand soap. Yes I am a totally lame 18 year old who gets excited about seasonally-scented hand soaps. 
Yesterday I went to a really cute Paint-Your-Own-Pottery/Ceramics place where I painted a super adorable little bowl, and drank yummy hot chocolates. I have already started drinking hot beverages at home too, as I recently purchased a Nescafe Dolce Gusto coffee machine which means quick and cheap but delicious hot chocolates and coffees! It also has a feature for Iced Tea in Summer, but that is so irrelevant right now, IM HERE FOR AUTUMN. 

So this is the start of my Autumnal-themed blog posts, expect more pumpkin, some more Autumnal essentials, and other items which add to a general cosy atmosphere! Let me know if you want any particular Autumn blog posts!!! Tweet me, DM me or leave a comment below!

Thank you for reading! If you want to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! (Every Saturday Evening - between 6pm-9pm UK Time) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe