Things I Wish I Hadn't Bought

19:00

So, as a lover of retail therapy, there will always be things you buy and love, and things you don't like so much, after a recent Twitter poll, my followers asked me to write a little blog post about things I wish I hadn't bought, and that's what I'm about to do...




  • ELF Illuminating Palette 
In terms of beauty products, I purchased this highlighting powder whilst I visited America, from Walmart. I was recommended this brand by a friend and a YouTuber, and I absolutely love that the brand is cheap and do not test on animals. However I really did not get any results with this illuminating palette. I used to more yellow-toned powder to get a highlighting shimmery effect, however I felt it did nothing to my skin, and the texture of the powder felt really clumpy and solid - which did not translate nicely on the skin. I purchased the palette from Walmart for $6 (about £4.80), at the time I also got one of the ELF brushes, which I absolutely love, and at only $1, you cannot go wrong! I definitely would purchase other products from ELF, I just wish I hadn't of bought the Illuminating Palette.



  • Lush Sakura Bath Bomb 
So I am huge Lush fanatic, but I was totally disappointed with the Sakura bath bomb. One of the workers in the store showed me a demo of it, as I had never tried it before, and it looked so colourful and smelt amazing. However, when I used it last week, the bath bomb gave no colour when it fizzed, it also wasn't as moisturising as usual Lush products are - the only positive was the scent. So I won't be purchasing this particular bath bomb again, might stick to my usual Twilight.

  • Too Faced SweetHearts Perfect Flush Blush 
I absolutely love Too Faced as a brand, and this product may be absolutely beautiful on other people - I'm aware their blushers are very much hyped up - but this blush definitely doesn't suit me. I don't wear that much makeup, and I have come to the conclusion that blush does not suit my skin tone (super pale). Despite my lack of use for the product, I absolutely adore the packaging of Too Faced products - properly what persuaded my purchase when I visited the US. It's also available in the UK for £24 ($30).


  • Ariana Grande Unofficial Calendar 
Okay this one is a little random, but as an Ariana Grande lover, my mum bought me a calendar for Christmas (no I didn't buy it but I just wanted to mention this). Ariana doesn't actually have an official calendar - but this was the only one available - however unlike the calendar I got last year, this one doesn't feature individual boxes for each day - therefore there is no room for me to write what I'm doing everyday. Purely for this reason, I don't particularly like it!


Thank you for reading! It was a little short again this week, but I am currently struggling with the fun times of coursework. If you want to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! (Every Saturday Evening - between 6pm-9pm UK Time) 

Love Alesha xo


& Follow Me On Bloglovin'  (Click the button in the top left corner!)




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe