Holding Up The Universe (Book Review)

20:47

So a few weeks ago, I made a few impulse buys on Amazon and decided to order a book recommended to me, written by one of my favourite authors 'Jennifer Niven'. When it arrived I found I had no time to read it and simply placed it on my bedside table because the book cover looked pretty. However when I finally found the time to sit down and read some of it, I couldn't put it down. I honestly love Niven's style of writing, as well as the morals behind each story she writes. Her previous bestselling book 'All The Bright Places', was one of the most beautifully written yet heart breaking stories I have ever read and I cried for a solid 2 hours after I had finished it.





I finished Holding Up The Universe within two days, (reading for a few hours each day, I could not put this book down but sleep is a thing - I like to read in bed at night). I remember I used to be a major "book worm" and read every day when I was in primary school, but as the years went on, the internet exists, life happens and I felt like I never had time to read a book. Recently I've been trying to read more (an aim of mine for this year). 

The story follows the perspective of both Libby Strout and Jack Masselin, both struggling with personal issues, and their love story. Sure I'm a romantic, but this book not only links to the theme of love but also self-love, confidence and empowerment. It's one of the sweetest stories ever - a "poignant, exhilarating love story about finding one person who sees you for who you really are - and seeing them right back". As someone is who isn't exactly 'body-confident', I absolutely loved the idea of the self-confidence and exploration Libby found. 


So this blog post wasn't exactly like my usual ones, but I just wanted to dedicate a blog post about one of my new favourite books. Thank you for reading! If you wish to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! (Every Saturday Evening - between 6pm-9pm UK Time) 

Love Alesha xo


& Follow Me On Bloglovin'  (Click the button in the top left corner!)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe