My America Diary | Week One

19:05

So this year my family booked for us to go to Florida, USA for my 18th birthday as I have always been obsessed with America, (maybe because of Disney Channel and Nickelodeon). Last Tuesday we arrived for our 2 week holiday to the sunny state of Florida. After a tiresome 9 hour (ish) flight, featuring an hour delay and 2 hours at Customs, we arrived to our hotel at around 8:30pm (Florida time). We then headed out for something small to eat at TGI Friday's, (which yes we do have in England, but my mindset is that it's special, it's American). And after almost falling asleep in the booth of the restaurant, we decided to call it a night and head back to our rooms.


 

Day One: Wednesday 2nd November 2016 

Weirdly, I woke up at 6:30am automatically with ease, and decided to have a bath. Once we got ready for the day, we then went downstairs to the hotels breakfast room. I had a very mini lemon and poppyseed muffin. (I'm a fussy eater.) We then decided to head to a place I've always wanted to visit. Walmart. It was immensely huge and full of the most insane range of American products, (obviously). With, what seemed to be, 100's of different varieties of peanut butter, M&M's and cereals -it was intense. I ran around the aisles of the store, receiving a laugh from an employee as I marvelled over the different Starbucks Coffee flavours. And trust me, there was so much choice. Smores, White Chocolate Mocha, Tiramusu, the list continues. As well as the White Chocolate Mocha, I also picked up a 10 satchet packet of 'Starbucks Peppermint Hot Cocoa', which I cannot wait to take home and enjoy!

 
After the Walmart shop, we headed back to the hotel for lunch (a simple salad and possibly a few cheese Cheetos). Then we went to Universal. Starting off with the Minion Mayhem ride (a 4D stimulator ride), leading to the Simpsons 4D stimulator ride, Revenge of the Mummy, E.T, walking through one of the Harry Potter sections of the park, etc.! Throughout every ride, I noticed that there was so much detail in every little part of Universal. 

 

Day Two: Thursday 3rd November 2016 

After waking up, getting dressed and ready for the day, we headed to IHOP for breakfast, (Home of Pancakes). I had a Frosted Mint Hot Chocolate, even though the day had a temperature of 28 degrees (Celsius).

 
After spending the majority of the day in Universal Island of Adventure, we decided to head back to the hotel. I then went shopping (only to Victoria's Secret and Hollister). Once I'd walked back to the hotel (a 45 minute walk in flip flops was painful and I would not advise), we got ready to go out for dinner - to a Brazilian Steakhouse Buffet (not exactly vegetarian friendly for me). But for dessert, they offered cinnamon covered pineapple, at first unsure, once I tried it I really loved it. I'm not the biggest fan of cinnamon, but this was insane. I'd reccomend trying pineapple covered in cinnamon. 

Day Three: Friday 4th November 2016

Friday was simply a day of shopping at the Florida Mall. The hottest day so far (30 degrees celsius) and we spent it inside air conditioned shops. After finishing slightly early, we headed back to the hotel to chill for the afternoon before going for dinner in the evening. 

 

(I'm thinking about doing a haul of what I got whilst in America, comment below if you'd like that - or specifically a Bath and Body Works haul or Victoria's Secret Haul, a general beauty or general clothing haul. Let me know!) 

Day Four: Saturday 5th November 2016 (Today) 

Today we checked out of the hotel we were staying at in Orlando (on International Drive) and drove 2 and a half hours down to a beach resort, where we'll be staying for a week. 

 

 
So I know this blogpost wasn't my usual Lifestyle/Beauty/Fashion kind of blogpost, but I just wanted to document my experience here for my memory and to share with you! I hope you found it somewhat interesting. As I'm on holiday, it was spontaneously written so my apologies for the sleep deprived/slightly jet lagged rambles. 

Love Alesha xo 

(All photography is mine) 

Instagram: @missleshajade
Twitter: @missaleshajade 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe