Current Beauty Favourites

19:30

Hi! So I'm back in the freezing cold weather that the UK is gracing us currently. I got back from America at 9am, went to college in the afternoon and straight as I got out of my lesson, it poured. What a welcome back. 


Anyway, so today I wanted to talk about some things I've been loving, and yes you may wonder why I happen to be uploading this near to the middle of November. It's simply due to my blog schedule for some festive blog posts coming soon which I hope you're excited for! Let me know in the comments or my social media, if there's any blog post in particular you'd like to see! Here's my beauty-related favourites currently... 


•Urban Decay Naked Skin Colour Correcting Fluid, in Pink, £17.50 

 

Firstly, I wanted to talk about something I've been using for just a few days and have absolutely loved. The Urban Decay Naked Skin Color Correcting Fluid is perfect for any skin type, as well as fitting to various needs. I picked up the Pink one as it "brightens dark areas" which I really struggle with under my eyes. So you simply apply a really tiny amount under your eyes and then use your every day concealer (for me, it's always Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair). I find it works really well, it's a lightweight formula, they each feature antioxidant rich vitamins C and E to condition and protect. The formula is also beautifully smooth and I absolutey love it, it's a new makeup essential of mine, and I know I'll have to re-purchase. 

Green: Reduces redness 
Yellow: Corrects dullness
Peach: Masks circles/spots 
Lavender: Balances sallowness 
Pink: Brightens dark areas 

 


 



•Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, £19 
 

Before purchasing this for the first time from Sephora, (as you may have seen in my previous blog post - America Haul), I had heard amazing reviews on this mascara. I noticed a difference in the volume and length of my eyelashes instantly. Usually I would add a little extra coat of another mascara over my holy grail mascara (Maybelline's Lash Sensational), but with this mascara I didn't need a second coat! I also really like the application (mascara wand) as it was unlike any mascara I usually use, you can apply with ease. I've only been using it for a few days since I unpacked it, and although I prefer quite a natural look, I know some people say two coats create a false-lash effect. I would definitely recommend trying this product. Let's take a moment for the packaging because it's so beautiful. 





•Covergirl CGSmoothers BB Cream, in 805 Fair to Light, $5.59 (Walmart / US price) 

Another purchase from America, I had heard good things about the brand Covergirl as I follow Zendaya, who's the face of the brand. I was initially looking for the Covergirl Matte BB Cream, however I accidentally picked up the normal BB Cream. The formula of the product is really smooth and it sunk in really well with added moisturising benefits, I didn't even feel like I was wearing it! Again, I would recommend giving this a try if you prefer a more natural look and if you can get hold of it if you have Covergirl in your local stores! Plus at only $5.59 (£4.47) you can't go wrong!


• Pond's Rich Hydrating Facial Moisturiser, £6.56, YesStyle.co.uk, however this was less in the US (around $4) 

I needed a moisturiser whilst in the US, so I explored the skincare section in Walmart, and came across this brand. I've haven't heard of it before but I was I just wanted a simple moisturiser and I wasn't too fussed about buying an expensive one. I don't have particularly dry skin, mine is just normal (combination) but I really wanted a hydrating one. I absolutely love the formula of this cream, it's slightly thicker in consistency than my previous moisturiser. It makes your skin super soft and a little goes a long way! 

•Equate Beauty Pink Grapefruit Oil Free Cleansing Wipes, $3.48, Walmart 
 

Whilst in the skin care section of Walmart, I also grabbed some "cleansing towelettes" which I thought were just make up removing wipes; until I tried to wipe off my mascara and felt like I was having the whole "Shampoo in eye" blind moment. They aren't suitable for eyes. Always check the packaging. Although they aren't the exact product I thought they were, they are great at cleansing the skin and leaving smooth, soft skin. They also smell lovely so that's a bonus. The packaging is also amazing because the lid will ensure the wipes won't dry out! So far so good.


•Lush Golden Wonder, £4.25
 

I was kindly gifted this by my boyfriend, he knows me too well. This was the first Christmas bath bomb I've used this year and I loved it, but don't let the golden present shaped exterior fool you, it's totally blue inside. The scent of sweet orange and lime oil is super cosy and perfect for a winter night!

So these are my current beauty favourites, I hope you enjoyed this blog post! There are some super festive blog posts coming very soon! Remember to let me know what blog posts you'd like to see...

Love, Alesha xo 

(All photography is my own) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe