My Everyday Make Up | 2016

20:44

My blog posts are mainly just in the 'Lifestyle' category, but I do really enjoy reading about the Beauty side of blogs too, so I thought I'd write a blog post on what make up products I use on a regular basis (however, despite the title, not everyday). My make up collection is mainly all high-street, however I do have a few high-end products which are part of my routine, so I hope this post will appeal to a wider audience!

One of my favourite makeup brands ever is Rimmel London, it's super affordable and creates a natural and pretty look really easily. So recently I haven't been using foundation much, I've just been sticking to concealer and powder as I like to be super minimalistic and stick to a natural look. That's why you won't see any contour or blush products in this post! When I do use foundation, I really like using the Rimmel London Lasting Finish foundation, due to its great coverage and super soft and smooth consistency and appearance on skin. My skin isn't too bad so if I was going to use it, I would just put it under my eyes as I have quite dark under eye circles which I hate. And I use one of, if not, the lightest shade 100 Ivory because I'm ridiculously pale!


•Rimmel London Lasting Finish Skin Perfecting Full Coverage Foundation. This usually costs between £7-£9 dependent on where you purchase it. And occasionally it goes on sale for £5-£7. 


Instead of concealer, I tend to stick to using just a concealer under my eyes (because I definitely require something to cover up those dark circles that communicate my lack of sleep to the world) and any blemishes. I use the extremely popular Collection Lasting Perfection concealer in the shade Fair  because of my pale skin. This concealer is featured in some many blogs, hauls and favourites videos on YouTube due to its amazing consistency and coverage for such a inexpensive product. It definitely is an essential for me and I've been through so many over the years, and I know that when I run out I will restock! I would highly recommend. 

•Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer. This is £4.19 in Boots and Superdrug. 


Last week I finally decided to purchase the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge or "Beauty Blender" as people generalise it. Over the few days I've tested it with applying my concealer and I've been told it's best to dampen before use. I do think there is a huge difference with application with this sponge, compared to a brush or even your fingers as I feel that it sets better and looks overall smoother. I've only been using it for a few days now so I will have to continue using it for a better opinion. 

•Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. This can be sold between £4.49-£5.99. 


To set the base (my "face base") of my makeup, I use another Rimmel London product, the Stay Matte pressed powder. This is an absolute holy grail of mine, and I've purchased this so many times. I love it. It's super affordable and really sets my makeup as well as providing slight coverage. It also makes my skin super smooth and more clear aesthetically. 
•Rimmel London Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder. This is £3.99 from Superdrug and Boots. 




For my eyes, for a average college day, I'll just wear mascara, however I want to show you the products I use for if I go out or simply if I feel like pushing the boat out. The eyeshadow look I wear is always a simple neutral look, I use the Urban Decay Naked Basics Pallette for the base. So for my base I use the "Naked 2" from the pallette, and over the base I simply add a small amount of Benefits "Bikini-Tini" - which is super sparkly and pretty. 



•Urban Decay Naked Basics Pallette. This is £23 from Urban Decay, located in Debenhams. This was kindly gifted to me for my birthday by my friend. 

•Benefit Mini "Bikini-Tini" Eyeshadow. This was part of a gift set I purchased from Boots for £19.95, which also featured a mini Hoola Bronzer, a mini "Watt Up" Highlighter, a mini Hoola lipgloss, a mini "They're Real" mascara and a Benefit guide to makeup looks. 


For mascara I tend to vary between 3 different mascaras, in my Benefit gift set (previously mentioned) it featured a mini "They're Real" mascara, which I absolutely adore. It instantly makes my eyelashes super long and gives a pretty fluttery natural look. I then add a coat of the Maybelline "Lash Sensational" mascara for added volume and length. This is relatively inexpensive for such a good quality mascara and I find it doesn't clump as easily as so many other drugstore mascaras! Sometimes I use my mini Mac "False Lashes Extreme Black". 

(Apologies in advance for the bad condition of the mascara packaging - they're very well-loved and used frequently!) 



•Benefit mini "They're Real" Mascara. This was purchased within a Benefit gift set. However for the full size mascara purchased singularly, it costs £19.50 from Boots or Benefit itself. 

•Maybelline "Lash Sensational" Mascara. This costs between £7-9 from Boots / Superdrug, dependent on times and sales. 

•Mini Mac "False Lashes Extreme Black". This was given to me for free by Mac after a purchase of their lipstick during a promotional deal. The full size version costs £19. 


Recently, I've been keeping my makeup look quite minimalistic so I haven't been using my usual Mac "Honeylove" lipstick. Instead I've been sticking to a pale lipgloss, and my favourite is the Tanya Burr Cosmetics "Chic" lipgloss. It looks super pretty and natural, smells (and tastes - not that I eat it, you know what I mean...I hope) really nice! 


•Tanya Burr Cosmetics "Chic" lipgloss. Sold in Superdrug for £5.99. I really want to try her new matte lipgloss range too as they look amazing! 


Thank you so much for reading, this was a different style of blog post for me so I hoped you enjoyed it. Let me know of any blogposts you may want me to do for another time! 

Love, Alesha 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe