Music Review: 1989 by Taylor Swift

22:58

 
Music Review: 1989 by Taylor Swift
 





I've been a fan of Taylor throughout my childhood years and I have honestly adored all her music (From Fearless to Speak Now to Red to 1989). I remember when I was about 11, I would come home and sing along to karaoke version of Taylor Swift songs, not understanding the lyrics of course, purely singing to the catchy beats of her master pieces. Here we are, 5 years later. 1989.

When I heard the first single of Taylor's new album, 'Shake It Off', I knew it would have all the success it has now currently achieved. At this point, I was now counting down the days until it was released. Then I heard her next single 'Out of The Woods' and the prospect of the rest of the album was getting all the more exciting, I knew that her style of genre had changed in the current years and it was now in the 'Pop' category rather than her usual 'Country' roots.

To get ready for the album, I watched multiple Taylor Swift Interviews, and I have now gained a new found respect and a adoration for her, as a person. Like many people, I had previously associated her songs negatively about her ex boyfriends and tragic relationships, (simply just loving the beat of the song, like I had done for years). However, after a recent interview I saw, I distinctively remember her saying about how the hate towards her and the topics of her music is purely sexist, as Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, and surely many other artists all use the same topic of love, both negatively and positively. As a huge fan of Ed Sheeran, I totally understood her point as I am well aware of his music, lyrically. Coming to this conclusion has helped me interpret her lyrics more deeply as I listen to her music on a daily basis, and generally adore her.

Monday 27th October 2014.

I had heard the full album and found out that the deluxe edition of the physical copy came with a selection of polaroid's (see images above of some of my favourite polaroid's and how I decorated my room with them). I knew I needed to buy the physical album (deluxe) after hearing the music, and spent two weeks after it was released searching for somewhere which stocked it, until I finally found one. I'm now content.

My Top 5 Favourite Songs:
  • Blank Space
  • Style
  • Out Of The Woods
  • All You Had To Do Was Stay
  • Wildest Dreams


Love, Alesha.



All Photography By Myself.

Find Me On...
http://www.instagram.com/missleshajade
https://twitter.com/missaleshajade











You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe