Lush Halloween Range 2017

20:15

It is a tradition on my blog to review the new seasonal Lush ranges, and Autumn/Winter is my favourite time of year for Lush products, and the new Halloween and Christmas collection was released in my local store last week. I mainly focus on the bath bombs and bubble bars for Halloween, but I was also given a tester of the Lord of Misrule Shower Cream. So here are the 6 products I picked up from the new Halloween Range 2017...


(Pumpkin Bath Bomb, £4.25 each)

This was one of my favourite scents from the Halloween range last year, so I had to pick it up again this year, it's such a classic for this season in terms of both scent and aesthetically! With notes of sweet, comforting vanilla mixed with an ever-so-warm spicy cinnamon scent - you feel like you're soaking in a bath of sweet pumpkin pie; the mix of sweet and spicy creates a deliciously rich, biscuity home-baking fragrance. This bath bomb creates completely orange water, like a whole bath-tub of Fanta, which makes me feel completely festive for the Halloween season! Another bonus to this delicious smelling bath bomb, the bath water does not leave any marks in your bath tub after you drain the water!




(Bewitched Bubble Bar, £4.25 each)

A new one to the Lush Halloween Range, this cat shaped bubble bar created the most amazingly soft bubbles which left my bath water a really cool and Halloween-suitable black! The crumbled bubbles were so soft and I used it to lather into my skin which gave my skin an equally soft finish! In terms of scent, Bewitched features a blackberry and uplifting Bergamot fragrance which lovers of sweet (but not too sweet) scents will thoroughly enjoy. 




(Monsters Ball Bath Bomb, £4.50 each)

Another classic from previous years of the Lush Halloween goodness, Monsters Ball! I absolutely love this one, from the look of it, to the colour of water it creates, to the scent and the skin benefits! With notes of fresh Lime Oil and uplifting Neroli Oil, this bath bomb not only smells incredible, but the sweet and woody Olibanum Oil gave my skin a really soft, moisturised and cleansed feel. This fast-fizzing bath bomb created super beautiful coloured water similar to my favourite bath bomb ever - Twilight, with a mix of pink, blue and purple - once all fizzed and settled, the water was a deep sparkly purple - perfect for a cosy evening bath. 





(Ectoplasm Jelly Bomb, £4.95 each) 

Firstly, I am a huge fan of Lush products, especially their bath bombs, and of course I have preferences (Twilight is my absolute favourite), however sometimes I don't absolutely love a product, but I will never ever hate a product. However, I really really did not enjoy this jelly bomb. I hated it. To me, it smelt like wet dog and felt absolutely horrible - it was gooey and slimy and just not a relaxing experience. The only thing I enjoyed when using this product was the colour it made the water - a cool illuminous lime green and purple, and I really was excited to test it as a concept - as a jelly texture. I would not purchase it again, and I definitely feel like I wasted £4.95 with this because I got out of the bath in 5 minutes as I literally couldn’t stand the feeling of the water or the scent.  




(Lord of Misrule Bath Bomb, £3.95 each)

This is yet another classic limited edition product during this season, and honestly one of my absolute favourites in terms of scent - with a spicy blend of relaxing Patchouli Oil, sweet Vanilla Absolute and warming Black Pepper Oil. The deep green shell of Lord of Misrule fizzes away into a red-wine coloured centre to create beautiful green and red water, featuring a fun surprise of crackling popping candy - which I don’t actually remember from last years ones so that was an additional bonus to the already-amazing bath bomb!








(Sparkly Pumpkin Bubble Bar, £4.25 each) 

Similarly to the Pumpkin Bath Bomb, the Sparkly Pumpkin Bubble Bar created equally orange Fanta-esque water, however as its a Bubble Bar rather than a fizzing Bath Bomb, the water was covered in a layer of bubbles too! This is another classic from previous years of the collection and the scent is quite fresh and citrusy - with notes of Lime Oil and Grapefruit Oil, as well as Juniperberry Oil to balance and refresh the skin. I love the Lush Bubble Bars purely for the fact a little goes a long way, you can use half of it if you wanted and save the other half for another bath. I will say this sparkling orange water doesn’t produce quite the same amount of bubbles as some of the bubble bars, e.g. Bewitched.





(Lord of Misrule Shower Cream, £10.95 - 250g / £17.95 - 500g)

The Shower Cream version of my favourite Halloween scent - Lord of Misrule. The formulation of this shower cream that changed from the previous one last year, this time its back and thicker! It still smells insanely good - a herbal blend of patchouli, black pepper with hints of vanilla absolute - I would seriously recommend smelling this! I really like the change in consistency, as I found that a little went a long way (I had been given a small tester pot, and I’ve already used some twice, and theres still enough for a few more showers!). I also noticed that, unlike last year, it doesn’t stain your skin - which is, of course, ideal! I’m not completely sure, but due to its “little goes a long way” method, I believe this has gone up in price - I can’t remember from last year as a very kind Lush worker gave me an entire bottle for free so I didn’t actually pay for it last year. 

There it was! Six of the new Lush Halloween Range 2017! I hope you enjoyed and it inspired you to go out and treat yourself to something from the range for a delicious-smelling yet totally spooky bubble bath. Thank you for reading! If you want to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! (Every Saturday Evening - between 6pm-9pm UK Time) 

P.S Totally expect a Lush Christmas Range 2017 blogpost coming soon...

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe