My Favourite Stores

18:00

So this week, I posted a poll on Twitter and the results were ultimately pointing for a blogpost about Favourite Stores! I wanted to write a blog post about the places I shop in, from my favourite stationery shops, clothing, food supermarkets, beauty drugstore, online, etc.

CLOTHING

  • Store: Primark
So recently, my local town centre opened a Primark store and I am honestly very excited about it. I went through a phase of not being that much of a fan of Primark as it doesn't necessarily have the best reputation in terms of production, quality and stereotypes; however I have always picked up packs of black tights from there as they are super affordable and versatile. I also absolutely love their pyjama range, and I can never leave without looking at all the new pyjama sets, shirt dresses and dressing gowns. But when I walked into the new store I saw so many things I would definitely wear, and it was so satisfying organised, it made me ridiculously happy (I'm lame, but I know the majority of Primark stores are so messy, especially London Oxford Street), there's also free wifi and charging ports which is just ideal. Also, Primark is ideal for not only tights and pyjamas, but packs of socks, as well as toiletries (e.g. cotton pads, travel bottles).




Whilst in Primark recently, I just quickly picked up a really pretty cup from the Gabriella (velvetghost) X Primark range, which was actually half price, from £4 to £2 as well as
a super soft throw/blanket for £4. 

  • Store (US): Garage, Charlotte Russe, Wet Seal, Forever 21
When I visited America at the end of last year, shopping was a major part of my trip as I love American fashion! You can check out what I purchased when I travelled to Florida, in my blog post "America Haul" (http://inspireddaydream.blogspot.co.uk/2016/11/america-haul_85.html). 

  • Online: ASOS
I love a bit of online shopping, and ASOS is one of my favourite clothing websites, I really like the fact they stock a variety of brands, including New Look, Daisy Street, Noisy May as well as ASOS own brand. Recently I have been browsing on the ASOS app way more, and last week (after months of searching for the perfect mom jeans) I ordered the ASOS Farleigh High Waisted Slim Mom Jeans in Beech Light Stonewash with Busted Knees and Chewed Hems. I only buy high waisted jeans as I love the fit and style with my figure, and when looking for Mom Jeans, I knew I wanted a slimmer fit, so these were perfect! I got these jeans for £35 with a 10% UNIDAYS student discount (£31.50). I have also purchased from the brand Daisy Street (dusky pink/nude trainers shown below) as well as from ASOS' own brand. I love that ASOS now has a feature on their website that gives you size recommendations, suggesting the correct size (Waist/Width and Height) for you based on your height - calculating what other people your height purchased. 


ASOS Farleigh High Waisted Slim Mom Jeans in Beech Light Stonewash with Busted Knees and Chewed Hems, £35, £31.50 with discount & Daisy Street Nude Trainers, WAS £24.99, currently £10.50)


BEAUTY
  • Store: LUSH 
As you may know from previous blog posts, I am a Lush fanatic. Against animal testing, and full of the most beautiful (aesthetically and scent-wise) bath bombs, shower gels, shampoos, conditioners, etc. You can't go wrong with Lush! 

-Favourite Bath Bomb: Twilight
-Favourite Bubble Bar: Unicorn Horn (Limited Edition)
-Favourite Bath Oil: Razzle Dazzle 
-Favourite Shower Gel: Lord of Misrule/Rose Jam
-Favourite Shampoo: Daddy-O
-Favourite Conditioner: American Cream
-Favourite Lotion: Sleepy 




  • Store: Superdrug
I don't tend to have much preference on the choice of drugstores, (e.g. Boots vs Superdrug), but I will mention there is usually a 10% UNIDAYS student discount available! Superdrug (similarly to Boots) features all the usual UK makeup brands available, (Maybelline, Rimmel London, Bourjois Paris, Collection, Soap and Glory, etc.), as well as a large range of Tanya Burr Cosmetics, Zoella Beauty and Zoella Lifestyle! So I would definitely reccommend going to Superdrug if you wanted to have a serious splurge, with 10% off!

  • Store (US): Bath and Body Works
My absolute favourite store in America, and I am gutted that the UK doesn't have any Bath and Body Works store, not even one. I wouldn't mind travelling across the UK to get some of the 3-wick candles. And yes I have emailed them about bringing stores overseas...the answer was long-windedly, a no which is genuinely heartbreaking. I am dreading the day my products run out as they don't even ship to the UK - I'll need to go back to America I guess! You can get some amazing deals in store, (Buy 3 Get 3 Free, Buy 2 for $14, etc.). Warm Vanilla Sugar, Moonlight Path and A Thousand Wishes are my top three favourite scents!  


 (Warm Vanilla Sugar & Moonlight Path Bubble Bath, $14 each - cheaper with various deals)


FOOD

  • M&S (Foodhall)
I am absolutely obsessed with going into M&S for lunch, dinner or generally for snacks, etc. I find food shopping so satisfying - is that weird? I absolutely love the Spinach and Pine Nut Pasta Salad and the Red Pepper Pitta Chips which are actually addictive. During car journeys, I love it when there's an M&S (SimplyFood) in the service stations. 

  • Costa 
Last year was a year of Sun Dried Tomato and Cheese Toasted Sandwiches. So good. I also love just sitting in Costa because the environment is so chilled and cosy.  


STATIONERY
  • Store: Paperchase
The hub of all things stationery. I absolutely love their Quote Postcards, unique wrapping paper, adorable cards, notebooks, etc.  


  • Store: Typo
I found this Australian branded stationery store in London. I had never heard of it before, and immediately adored the brand due to the adorable slogans and designs on notebooks, folders, homeware, etc. I love their travel journals and sassy-sloganned water bottles!


  • Store: Sass & Belle 
I was absolutely obsessed with Sass and Belle from simply looking at the window display when walking through The Lanes in Brighton. Everything is so perfectly cute. I over-use that word but honestly. It's just so lovely. I love the style of their products, and it's just the most beautiful store (which you can check out in my Brighton vlog - https://youtu.be/aSb4Vm_1Fd4 )


I hope you enjoyed this blog post, and feel inspired to check out some of these stores if you don't look in now! Thank you for reading my blog post and if you wish to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! (Every Saturday Evening - between 6pm-9pm UK Time) 

Love Alesha xo



& Follow Me On Bloglovin'  (Click the button in the top left corner!) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe