What I Did This Summer | 2016

16:51

So inevitably (and sadly) Summer has come to an end, I go back to college on Tuesday and I've already had a practice of my college 7am wake up. Not fun in the slightest. Now Summer is over, I keep looking through my camera roll at what I've actually done this summer, and let me tell you, it's not too much. This blog post is simply a selection of my favourite summer photos and days, I hope you enjoy!


Currently I'm learning to drive and I've been driving mostly in the evenings. A few times during the summer, I drove to the local beach and had a little walk along the sand. And obviously I took some photos! 

I travelled a lot this summer across the UK, to Wales and up North, spending probably over 30 hours in the car in total in the space of a week and a bit. I need a break from the motorways for sure. 

Previously I've written a blog post about  my weekend in Wales, and during my trip I visited a quaint little Welsh village known to be a tourist attraction. I went on the tourist walk route towards the coast and ended up on a cliff with some insanely beautiful views. 



On various occasions, I found myself on the beach, (as earlier mentioned) when driving I made a few trips to our local beach, and on days out with my friends. The last two weeks have been super hot, so it was perfect beach weather, and as my friends and I are mature seventeen year olds, we decided to make a sand castle (featuring an impressive moat because we're professionals). 

In my Summer Bucketlist 2016, I mentioned I wanted to bake more, and since the Great British Bake Off is back on TV I've been making the effort! For inspiration I have been using Tanya Bakes by YouTuber Tanya Burr. During the last month I've made the Brownie Cake multiple times and I can definitely recommend this recipe! 

Spending time with my favourite people has been very necessary, as they make me very
 happy. And that's important. 





Last weekend I arranged to meet my internet and fellow Ariana Grande fanatic friend in London. We went to vintage clothing markets and strolled around the pretty streets, got ourselves a little lost at first, took various tubes, ate pizza, went to Carnaby Street, had smoothies, shopped in Oxford Street. And can I just say, Oxford Street is insane. The TopShop is huge. We also found ourselves in Lazy Oaf and Brandy Melville (Carnaby Street), Urban Outfitters and Lush (Oxford Street). 


So that was my summer! I hope you enjoyed this blogpost, feel free to let me know what you've been up to this summer in the comments - I'd love to know! 

Love, Alesha 


(Photography is my own) 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe