Room Decor DIY

18:56

I really love designing my room and making it neat and look cute. As a child I would reorganise my room at least 9 times a month. I remember watching High School Musical 2 for the first time whilst moving all my furniture, including my wardrobe and bed. Yes apparently I was quite a strong 9 year old. Over the years and house moves, my rooms have changed around so much, and I have actually kept my room in the same furniture layout for a couple of years now! Recently, I've added a few little DIY's or simple room decor pieces to my room and I really love them! So here's 4 different Room Decor DIY's that are super cute and easy to create with no mess...


1.) Jewellery Pots 

I really like having my favourite or most worn pieces of jewellery right where I can easily get them. It also looks super nice placing them in a plain pot/plate to add a little something to a dressing table or even a bedside table. It also helps detangle and distinguish different necklaces, bracelets, etc. 

This plate is the "SKURAR" candle dish from IKEA which I find it perfect to use as a little dish for necklaces and bracelets. This was £1.50, however there is also a larger dish available for £4. 

This little pot was actually a pudding pot from a Chocolate and Hazelnut GÜ pudding. I thoroughly washed it out and it makes an ideal little pot for my rings! The pot itself is super good quality, and is actually made of out thick china, and can be used for various other purposes, including room decor or for little snacks/food.


2.) Glass Jar Storage

So I don't know how but I have become aware of some random empty jars kept in my room, they were simply stored away or placed on my shelf, not serving any purpose, so I decided to put some cotton pads in the jar. This is super convenient as I can simply just take them as and when I need them during my night-time routine when taking off my makeup. I also think it looks quite good in the jar as oppose to just kept in its packet. Glass jars can be ideal for other toiletry products, e.g. cotton buds, or even nail varnish, etc.

3.) Flowers that last.

So yes, these are clearly fake, but they look super cute (minus the weird looking "stems"), and they're super cheap and last as long as you like! I'm sure you can find more real looking artificial flowers and  can cover the fake looking stems better than I did, (which was not at all). I got my fake flowers from IKEA, for around £1-£2.


4.) Wrapping Paper Art 

So once again, IKEA is a life saver for adorable yet inexpensive decorative pieces. This photo frame in particular is super versatile and can be stood up or hung. I didn't have any photos the right size for this frame when I purchased it last year but I knew it was too pretty to just leave. So I decided to add some wrapping paper which I really love the pattern of, this enables you to create a really pretty decorative piece as well as use up those random scraps of wrapping paper just laying around. It's minimalistic but really stands out on my plain cream bedroom walls. 


I hope this blogpost inspired some of you to create some of these Room Decor DIY's, they're super affordable and easy so I hope you want to try at least one of the ideas out for yourself!



Love Alesha

(Photography is my own)



Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/missleshajade
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/missaleshajade










You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe