Motivational Book Collection

20:02



I have come to the realisation that I have quite a vast collection of books. Specifically quite motivational books. I love a book to make me think. A book that makes me want to live life, not just exist, and I believe I have quite a few of which do just that. From journals to memoirs, to little books on lifestyle and happiness. So here are some of my books - my Motivational Book Collection...


  • The 52 Lists Project, Amazon, £9.39
 I absolutely fell in love with this little book when I saw it in Urban Outfitters one day, I love the graphics inside and I’m obsessed with writing lists. They’re all very personal questions, and the aesthetics of the book itself is so nice, with the typography, photography and general themes of each season.






  • One Good Deed A Day: A Journal, Amazon, £10.99
When shopping in America, back in 2014, I picked up this little journal in a really cute little trinket shop, just full of random and cute things! When I first purchased it, I was so good at completing it everyday but since returning after that holiday I just forgot about it, and whenever I tidied my room or sorted my books out, I would remember it and fill it out a little more, and then the cycle continued, and four years later, it isn’t full up but I really like looking through it and seeing ideas of little deeds I can do to make someone else's day. It’s full of little things to do, such as “Bake cookies for your neighbour”, “Wave at a stranger”, etc, really sweet things which could potentially make someone smile.





  • Pick Me Up: A Pep Talk For Now and Later 
This book is super random, but I really love Adam J Kurtz’ style and the theme of positivity throughout, not just existing but living. I only got this relatively recently so I hadn’t really filled much, but it reminds me slightly of a Wreck This Journal, without the destructiveness. This journal mostly focuses on the mind. 








  • Ice Cream for Breakfast, Amazon, £14.94
This book was recommended to me by not only Amazon itself, but also I watched a video where HelloOctober (Suzie) recommended this book. I haven’t yet managed to read too much of it, as I am half-way through another book, and I am definitely not a multi-book-reader. I think adulthood can seem so daunting and everything can be so overwhelming, and I’m only 19, so I really can’t wait to read this book where Laura Jane Williams focuses on finding the fun side of being an adult. 






  • Happy by Fearne Cotton, Sainsbury's/Amazon, £4
I found this little book in Sainsbury's the other day and I had seen it a few months ago in the Hardback version and it looked really good but I never picked it up, however this time I saw a Paperback version for just £4. I do prefer paperback books and I find it easily to read them for some reason, the hardbacks are just too heavy and bulky to store. As I only picked it up the other day, I haven't actually read any of it, but it looks really nice inside, with photos and not just sentence after sentence, its a little more interactive but is nice. 





  • How To Be A Bawse, Amazon, £10.99
I actually purchased this from WHSmith and managed to pick up a signed version but it is available cheaper on Amazon. This book by YouTuber, Lilly Singh is just the book you need to start off a year, it's so unbelievably motivational and perfect if you feel you need that extra kick to do live a life you want (as cheesy as that sounds...). I really like Lilly Singh’s personality, and her book definitely features her humour and general character. Honestly I finished this book so quickly and felt so much happier and motivated to live my best life, and to, well, be a “BAWSE”. 






  • A Work In Progress, Amazon, £5.94
  • Note To Self, Amazon, £11.26 

Another two books written by a YouTuber, this time, Connor Franta, both books of which are throughly enjoyable. His first book, A Work In Progress is a memoir about his life, focusing on his childhood and going through his career into YouTube and how he got where he is now. He also discusses mental issues and his own private struggles. Both books are really beautifully produced also, with photos taken by Connor himself. The second book “Note To Self” has a more diary-style form, with a strong focus on love, his battles with depression, social anxiety and also finding self-love. The book is told in a essay-style, and not only features photos but also his own poems to his past and future self. It's a far more raw and honest book, but I do love both books. 





  • The Little Book of Lykke, Sainsbury's, £2.95 
  • The Little Book of Hygge, Amazon, £5
So I received ‘The Little Book of Hygge’ for Christmas from my friend, and absolutely fell in love with it, it teaches what “Hygge” means, how the Danish use it in their lives, and the scientific research into why the Danish are considered some of the happiest people, more so focusing on the way they live, and how ‘Hygge’ comes into it. I then saw the second book, ‘The Little Book of Lykke’, written by the same author, and more so focusing on happiness, as the author is a Scientific Researcher of Happiness. I haven’t yet read the second book, as I only picked it up recently from Sainsbury's for under £3, so I’m hoping I like it just as much as the first book! The two books feature  genuiene statistics, data, definitions, and general science behind the theme of ‘Hygge’ and ‘Lykke’, explaining and developing understanding of why the Danish are some of the happiest people (scientifically). 


(The Little Book of Hygge) 


(The Little Book of Lykke) 


Thank you for reading! If you want to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! 

Love Alesha xo

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/missaleshajade

P.S. If you ever wanted to see a super cute and fluffy puppy on your Insta-Feed, you should follow my puppy’s Instagram (http://www.instagram.com/maddiethecockapup)! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe