January Favourites | 2016

21:52

How is January almost over? I hope you have had an amazing start to 2016, and have stuck with any resolutions you have made.  So this month, I have had quite a few favourites, some I have kept with from 2015, and some I have simply discovered this month. Over this month, I have had quite a few favourites, ranging from makeup to mints, here's my favourites of the month of January.




• Rimmel London Lasting Finish Skin Perfecting Full Coverage Foundation


This foundation is my absolute favourite, it's been raved about by many bloggers and youtubers, and I love it just as much as them. It's amazing at giving a glowing finish, with a high coverage, it's perfect for everyday or to build up for a occasion. As I use it typically most days, I tend to just use a small pump - to use on any obvious blemishes and under my eyes. I use a moisturiser underneath the foundation to ensure a smoother application, this is even more beneficial in the winter, as my skin tends to be a lot drier due to the cold weather. On top, I always use Rimmel's 'Stay Matte' powder to mattify and set the foundation, I find this powder in particular really good at adding even more coverage and overall creating a smoother and clearer aesthetic in terms of complexion. As Rimmel London is a drugstore brand, their products are conveniently inexpensive, both the foundation and the powder being under £15, sometimes under £10 if there is a offer on the foundation. (Stay Matte Powder: £3.99, the foundation tends to range from £5-£8.99) 


• Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying Mascara 

Continuing with the whole makeup product theme, I have been loving this mascara. This mascara is another product bloggers and youtubers have been raving about. Once again an inexpensive yet amazing product. The Lash Sensational mascara really lengthens my eyelashes, creating a natural yet fuller look - perfect for everyday. I believe that mascara is the defining point of a makeup routine and this one makes my eyelashes go from 0 to 100 with just one coat. I tend to initially use Benefit's "They're Real" mascara as a base as it really lengthens and curls the lashes, I simply apply one coat of Lash Sensational to create bold and fuller lashes. 

                          
• Mac Matte Lipstick in "Honeylove"

This is my favourite lipstick ever. You can't go wrong with a Mac lipstick and "Honeylove" is the perfect shade for everyday application. It's a lovely natural nude shade with a slight brown-pink tint, this makes it perfect for an everyday makeup routine. I found this lipstick when I was looking for a natural shade for my prom last year. I have since repurchased and I know I will re-buy it when it runs out again, as I apply it twice a day. 


• Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water 

Garnier is one of my favourite skincare brands, and this makeup removing cleansing water is no objection to the quality of their products. This product not only removes makeup, it also soothes, hydrates and cleanses your skin thoroughly. It requires no rinsing after use, which makes this product super convenient and simple-to-use, perfect for the lazy ones among us who find removing makeup a chore. The On-the-go size bottle also provides convenience as it's perfect for travelling - to simply pop in your bag without unnecessarily taking up much-needed space. 


• Bath and Body Works Sweet Pea Hand Cream and Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel 

Unfortunately, in the UK we do not have any Bath and Body Works stores, which deeply saddens me as I would be one of their best customers. When I went to America on holiday, I discovered Bath and Body Works and now I'm obsessed. After what seemed like hours, smelling each B&BW collection, I came to the conclusion that the "Sweet Pea" collection was my favourite. I also fell in deep love with "Moonlight Path" and "Be Enchanted". The B&BW collections range from various scents in the form of bubble baths, shower gels, fragrances, candles, and anti-bacterial hand gels. The hand gel and hand cream are the only products I have left from my collection, which fills me with dread, as they currently don't ship to the UK. Although, Amazon might be my best friend when I want to repurchase the collection - a life hack for you if you live in a country where you can't get B&BW products delivered to you. The hand cream is currently a favourite of mine due to both the scent and the fact it leaves my hands feeling nourished with its shea butter and vitamin E qualities, which has been perfect during the month of January as my skin has been pretty dry due to the super cold weather here in the UK recently. 

• Icebreakers Spearmint Sugar Free Mints

Once again, I have been loving another American product. This time in the form of mints. Yeah, mints have made my favourites. Exciting stuff. But seriously, these mints taste so nice, spearmint is definitely my favourite. I always carry around mints and gum in my bag, and this small pot of Icebreakers are perfect to just pop in my bag. Would definitely recommend this specific brand though - I'm not just recommending mints. They are only sold in the UK, in American Sweet Shops, but they are probably triple the US usual price. But worth it.


Another product which I have just been popping in my bag recently, is the mini (travel size) bottle of Ari by Ariana Grande fragrance, not only is the fragrance itself amazing, but I'm in love with the packaging. The tiny bottle is perfect to just carry inside my toiletry bag - which I have in my bag with me at all times. Convenient and it smells gorgeous. The scent of the perfume itself is very feminine and floral, with hints of musk - I definitely recommend you give it a try.


Love, Alesha.



All Photography By Myself. (Excluding Official Mac Website Screenshot)

Find Me On...
http://www.instagram.com/missleshajade
https://twitter.com/missaleshajade




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe