Summer Essentials

13:44

Hi! So I have been enjoying the sunshine, and I’ve actually been quite busy recently so I did miss last weeks upload, so apologies for that. 



Burts Bee Moisturising Lip Crayon, in Sedona Sands, £9.99 

I had watched VelvetGhost’s YouTube video and she had discussed the Burts Bee’s Lip Crayon, as well as wearing it in her video too. I really like the idea of a moisturising lip colour, as during the heat of Summer, especially during a holiday at 30 degrees+, your lips can get quite dry, so it’s nice to have a bit of colour as well as protecting them! I will definitely put this in my Holiday Hand-Luggage, which I will be creating a blogpost about before I go to Cyprus at the end of July.  

Gold Oval Ring, ASOS, £4

I love little dainty pieces of jewellery, so when doing a little ASOS shop, I saw this little oval ring, which I thought was perfect to stack with some rings of mine. This isn’t necessarily a ‘Summer Essential’, but it looked cute in the flatlay so...

Zoella Beauty Body Fondant Shimmer Balm, Superdrug, on sale £2

So I didn’t actually buy this when it came out in the Sweet Inspirations range a couple of years ago, but when in Superdrug last week, I saw it was on sale for £2, so I thought  I would give it a go! The day I bought it was the start of the 4 days of pure sunshine and heat, so I did actually try it out when I was wearing dresses (the off the shoulder outfits, as shown below in this post), and it gave quite a subtle shimmer to my pale skin. 

•Essie Nail Varnish, in Fiji, £7.99 

Essie just launched on the ASOS website, so during the 20% off sale, I decided to order one of the pastel pink shades of nail varnish. I love Essie as a brand, as their shades are gorgeous and they’re so versatile and there’s a variety of shades of many colours. 

Zoella Beauty Mini Gelat’eau (came in a set of 4, £14.99)

 Gelat’eau is one of the four mini body sprays from the Zoella Beauty “All Four You” set. It’s the scent from last years Summer range ‘Gelato’, with notes of elderflower and pomengranate, it's super fresh and summery. This whole range was my scent of last summer and I have already been using last years range again this year in preparation for the new Zoella Beauty summer range. 




Me Life Story by Scarlett Moffatt, Amazon, £3 

I have loved Scarlett ever since her first debut on Gogglebox, and she’s always been one of my favourites of the families. I have followed and supported her journey on I’m A Celebrity... as well as on Saturday Night Takeaway, so  when I saw that she had written a book about her life, entitled “Me Life Story”, I was really excited to read it. I prefer paperback books so I thought I would wait a little while in hope for a paperback release, which came out this year, and I ordered it last Tuesday. It’s currently £3 on Amazon. So discussing that super sunny hot bank holiday weekend we had last week again, I started reading Scarlett’s book on Friday and by Tuesday I had finished it. It was such a insight into her life, discussing bullying, mental health, etc. 



Pull and Bear Polkadot Crop Top, ASOS, £15.99

So when I ordered this on ASOS, I wasn’t quite expecting to like it so much, but I have been obsessed with it ever since it arrived. I’ve already worn it twice in the last week, pairing it both with my American Apparel Denim high waisted shorts and my ASOS mom jeans in light denim. Again, I purchased this in the 20% off sale, so it worked out as £12.80. I really like Pull and Bear as a brand due to their good quality products and I like their style of clothing too.





Off Shoulder Sundress, ASOS, £15

Another ASOS purchase during the 20% sale, made this adorable tiered off the shoulder dress only £12. I will say, you definitely need white / nude underwear with this dress as it’s quite thin and a little see-through. But it’s ideal for a beach coverup. 






Zoella Beauty Gelato Collection (Summer 2017), Superdrug / FeelUnique
-Shower Shake Moisturising Body Wash, £6
-Cream Scrub Body Scrub, £7.50  
-Bath Frosting, set of 4,  £7

As I mentioned earlier I have been loving last years Zoella Beauty summer collection, ‘Gelato’ so during a bath last week, I used my last Bath Frosting powder. I’m hoping Zoe will bring out a new bath powder for the new summer range as I loved using bath milk powders as they’re quite light and create some bubbles in soft milky water (which sounds odd but...). 



Tresemmé Heat Defence Spray, Boots, £2.75 

So when I was in Boots, I saw they had some the Tresemmé hair heat defence spray that I use, and they had a big bottle on offer for almost half price so I decided to grab some even though I don’t necessarily need some. When in holiday, I like to curl my hair if we’re going out and I prefer my hair curly anyway, so I have to use the heat protection spray otherwise my hair gets super damaged, and it’s not so cute. 




Garnier Ambre Solaire After Sun Lotion, Boots, £5

This was the main reason as to why I actually went to Boots as I got seriously sunburnt over the bank holiday weekend. I also knew I would need it for summer as I’m so pale but get so burnt to the point of pain! 



The Comforter Bubble Bar, £4.95, Lush 

When in town, I popped into Lush to both see my friend and to grab a bath bomb, but obviously I didn’t just leave with just a bath bomb... I decided it would be more cost effective to grab a bubble bar which lasts a few baths! I also love how fruity ‘The Comforter’ is, it reminds me of Ribena, so I thought the fruity scent was very summer-esque. 

•Eau Roma Water Toner Water, £5.95, Lush

I was also looking at Skincare and was told about the Toner waters, as my skin hasn’t been my best friend recently. I love the idea of toner spray as it’s been so hot, I was thinking about buying a water spray to keep cool and just spritz when it’s super hot. Which I think I’ll definitely I’ll be needing in Cyprus in July, as it gets up to something like 40 degrees where we’re going. 


Thank you for reading! If you want to read some more lifestyle and beauty-related posts from me, then you can sign up to receive an email telling you when I next upload! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe