Summer Essentials | 2016

18:00

Hey! Now that it's well and truly Summer - although the British weather isn't particularly the best currently - which opposes the weather last week, which was ridiculously hot and sunny - I have been loving a few things that I want to share with you! 

So, here are some of my Summer Essentials...


1.) A small backpack.This backpack is the perfect size for day trips out, and I've worn it everyday since I purchased it. I even wore it with its label on around the shopping centre on the day I got it. The bag has an small pocket on the inside and a zip up pocket on the outside which is the perfect size and so convenient for little things e.g. my bus pass, a lip balm, etc. 

Black Pocket Front Curved Mini Backpack, New Look, £17.99, (Also comes in Silver)

2.) High waisted shorts. I'm definitely a fan of high waisted clothing personally due to my figure, and I'm in love with these ones from American Apparel, and although England is notoriously known for its bad weather, I find myself wearing them in the good weather as they are super versatile and are totally my style. They're also super comfy, and of super good quality. I got these during my trip to America and I purchased them for $58 (which is around £40), however currently they're sold for almost £60 in UK stores.

High Waist Jean Cuff Short, American Apparel, £56 (Available in various denim shades)

 3.) Water. I'm not the biggest fan of water, which isn't great as its super good for you, both beneficial in terms of health and supposedly good for your skin! However in the summer, I have more of a desire to drink more water - I prefer to add ice cubes for chilled water. I also aim to try fruit-infused water by simply adding strawberries, raspberries, mint, etc. - anything to help me like the taste a little better! I drink a lot in general, and I find I can drink a lot of water in a short sitting using a large cup/drinks tumbler. I got this specific one from PINK whilst in America a few years ago, however they constantly bring out new ones, and they're sold practically everywhere - there's some super cute ones in H&M.

PINK Pineapple Drinks Tumbler, Victoria's Secret PINK, (unsure on price)


4.) Books! One of my aims for this summer is to read more! I recently brought some books from the Zoella Book Club, I've already read one of them and really enjoyed it, so I can't wait to read the others! One of the books I ordered is "All The Bright Places" by Jennifer Niven, and this is the next book I aim to start (and possibly finish) in the next week!

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven, Amazon, £3.85

5.) Micellar Cleansing Water. I recently picked this up from Boots when this product was on offer. I wanted to give this one a try because my skin is slightly combination to dry, and I find the sun can dry my skin up even more. So I picked this Oil-based Micellar Cleansing Water to test and I've honestly loves it, it's super moisturising  and removes my eye makeup easily. It also smells lovely which is an additional bonus! 

Garnier Oil-Infused Micellar Cleansing Water, Boots, (on offer for £3, however may have increased since the offer to around £3.25-£4) 

6.) Body Spray. Sticking to a beauty theme, I have really enjoyed this Soap & Glory fragrance, it's super sweet, floral and pretty. (Can you even describe a scent as 'pretty'?) This is my favourite of the Soap & Glory body spray collection for sure, and I would definitely recommend as they're so cheap and smell amazing! 

Soap & Glory Mist You Madly Body Spray, Boots, £3.50 (small bottle-100ml) or £7.50 (big bottle-250ml) 


So here are some of my essentials for this summer! Let me know if you have any summer essentials!

Love, Alesha

(All photography is my own)


Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/missleshajade
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/missaleshajade


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe